New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hello!

I posted sa ibang section dito about which car to buy, this time, it's gonna be about my driving.

Kasi, the last time I drove was months ago, nanual pa. First time ako nagaral ng driving, manual ang inaral ko. After that, hindi nako nakahawak ulit ng manibela as I didn't have my own car then. My mom's car was automatic na malaki (fortuner) so I didn't bother trying. Natakot ako eh!

Anyway, I'm going to buy a new car next week, and of course I'm choosing an automatic transmission para madali nalang, walang hassle, and kasi honestly, natataranta ako sa manual (especially sa changing ng gears). Would you suggest na I take a refresher course sa driving school, this time automatic naman? O madali lang matutunan ang automatic on my own, and with help from my father? Kasi baka mamaya gagastos ako ng 5K sa driving, pwede naman pala matutunan magisa kasi unlike manual, easy breazy lang ang automatic.

Thanks poo!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would suggest that you get it. just to boost your confidence.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you know how to drive a manual, driving an automatic will be very easy.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    If you know how to drive a manual, driving an automatic will be very easy.
    not all the time. remember the incident nung nangyari sa isang school sa caloocan. one of the parents hired an experience driver para sunduin ang mga anak but puro manual lang alam. didnt know what to do nung nag rev continously yung car after placing it in D or R yata. the car only stopped moving recklessly when it hit an immovable object after many injuries, damaged parked cars or even casulaties(pa yata) to the vicinity of the school.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    nag aral ka na pala dati.. sayang naman kung mag e enroll ka ulit.. just ask your dad to sit besides you for a couple of days.. then you should be ok.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I assessed your skills based on your story. I assume na beginner ka sa driving so refreshing your skills is recommended.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    As a fellow beginner who studied manual driving of cars too.. I suggest ask your dad to teach you. As well as research online. And I am strongly insist that you study the rules of the road. You can buy traffic rules and ethics in any adequate bookstores you know or in government websites like LTO.gov.ph. Because I'm telling you, at least 70% of the drivers/motorist in our roads today doesn't know the traffic rules and ethics. Hence kotong cops are prevalent in our country.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    not all the time. remember the incident nung nangyari sa isang school sa caloocan. one of the parents hired an experience driver para sunduin ang mga anak but puro manual lang alam. didnt know what to do nung nag rev continously yung car after placing it in D or R yata. the car only stopped moving recklessly when it hit an immovable object after many injuries, damaged parked cars or even casulaties(pa yata) to the vicinity of the school.
    Well that driver was never intellectually competent to begin with. Naglagay lang siguro kaya nakapasa sa exams.

Should I get a refresher course?!