New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Ibig sabihin kasi nung double headed arrow is that you van change lane on the left if you want to go left. pero you have to do it before the solid line kaya nakalagay siya dun sa may broken lines, pag nasa solid line na you cannot change lane. Pag hinuli ka going straight on the second most lane pwede na i contest. Ang mali is turning left sa second lane.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gongrhey View Post
    Ibig sabihin kasi nung double headed arrow is that you van change lane on the left if you want to go left. pero you have to do it before the solid line kaya nakalagay siya dun sa may broken lines, pag nasa solid line na you cannot change lane. Pag hinuli ka going straight on the second most lane pwede na i contest. Ang mali is turning left sa second lane.
    Nah. Better kung wala na lang as it is redundant and presents an ambiguous sign that THAT lane can go straight AND turn left... and then change state to a straight-only lane just a few meters ahead. That's bound to cause confusion nga... even accidents.

So, to summarize, I see three possible improvements:

1. Remove the two-headed arrow
    2. Move it further back 30 meters
    3. Change the straight-only arrow on Lane 1 to a double-headed arrow (Left turn + Straight)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    On a regular rush hour, minsan umaabot hanggang flyover traffic diyan. So kung yung innermost most lane lang ang papayagan magleft, good luck naman. I used to always make pila for that left lane kasi yoko nga mahuli. Pero I noticed yang 2 lanes pinapayagan nila magleft. Yung mga going straight, dun sila sa 2 other lanes sa right.

This wasn't confusing to me kasi nga siguro habit ko to take the innermost/outermost lane when making a turn.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Nah. Better kung wala na lang as it is redundant and presents an ambiguous sign that THAT lane can go straight AND turn left... and then change state to a straight-only lane just a few meters ahead. That's bound to cause confusion nga... even accidents.

So, to summarize, I see three possible improvements:

1. Remove the two-headed arrow
    2. Move it further back 30 meters
    3. Change the straight-only arrow on Lane 1 to a double-headed arrow (Left turn + Straight)
    Agree na confusing nga and on your suggestion to move it further back para mas better ang anticipation. Kung meron din sana sign board sa taas before the intersection same sa other countries na kita mo na agad kung saan ka ppwesto much better.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    There are intersections with signs that say "left lane must turn left" and if you are in this lane and you go straight you will get a ticket. On u-turn slots i have not seen one that says "this lane MUST take a u-turn" but at the 2 u-turn slots between muñoz market and sm north i have seen cars ticketed for being in those lanes then going straight even though there are no signages to warn drivers.

Why, did you get a ticket?
    Yeah you're right, there are no signs that leftmost lane must take a U TURN. There are signs though that says U TURN slot.

I got into a traffic incident wherein the vehicle in the innermost lane went straight ahead and its front right fender got scraped by my car. It is a 3 laner, and the 2nd lane is always allowed to take U TURN, I say this because I take this route everyday.

The police investigator is purely looking at who hits who and no interest whatsoever in apprehending the other driver for driving straight while on a U TURN slot.

And by the way, the other vehicle's LTO OR is expired. But again the police investigator seems not interested at this either.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Yeah you're right, there are no signs that leftmost lane must take a U TURN. There are signs though that says U TURN slot.

I got into a traffic incident wherein the vehicle in the innermost lane went straight ahead and its front right fender got scraped by my car. It is a 3 laner, and the 2nd lane is always allowed to take U TURN, I say this because I take this route everyday.

The police investigator is purely looking at who hits who and no interest whatsoever in apprehending the other driver for driving straight while on a U TURN slot.

And by the way, the other vehicle's LTO OR is expired. But again the police investigator seems not interested at this either.
    Just let your insurance do the "talking" na lang.

Ganyan talaga sa Pilipinas.

Pulis ba talaga?

Or Traffic enforcer?

Iba kasi dumiskarte kung Pulis.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Just let your insurance do the "talking" na lang.

Ganyan talaga sa Pilipinas.

Pulis ba talaga?

Or Traffic enforcer?

Iba kasi dumiskarte kung Pulis.
    Oo nga eh.

Pulis, PMSg.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234