New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    It would be okay to open this also during the early evening (rush hour) however the single lane on the flyover might affect the Estrella-bound traffic which gets bad for those going to Mandaluyong via Rockwell.
    Vinj traffic talaga sa estrella every weeknight hehe

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah really? 7-10am lang ang balak nila? I see.

I assume only on weekdays as well?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Vinj traffic talaga sa estrella every weeknight hehe

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Hassle nga eh. Na-affect yung mga sosy sa Rockwell dahil sa traffic. It's actually faster to take the Makati - Mandaluyong bridge at times

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Hassle nga eh. Na-affect yung mga sosy sa Rockwell dahil sa traffic. It's actually faster to take the Makati - Mandaluyong bridge at times
    For the Mandaluyong-bound, during rush hours it would be easier and faster to take the old Makati-Mandaluyong bridge. Despite there being a tiangge at the Maysilo circle, there's still enough roadway to accommodate the rush from Makati up to the Circle and other parts of Mandaluyong. The Estrella-Barangka bridge gets bottled up pretty quickly. Plus it's a small, bridge that leads to a road as small and congested, so the sheer volume can back traffic up fast.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Ah really? 7-10am lang ang balak nila? I see.

I assume only on weekdays as well?
    Yes po Mon-Fri lang.

OT: Nagtweet na rin ako dyan kay Atty. Gonzalez nung thread about sa C5 Eastwood Uturn slot. Inacknowledge naman. Sana maparaanan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Yes po Mon-Fri lang.

OT: Nagtweet na rin ako dyan kay Atty. Gonzalez nung thread about sa C5 Eastwood Uturn slot. Inacknowledge naman. Sana maparaanan.
    Worth a try. What did you have in mind?

I think the current MMDA has better listening. But of course, not everything requested will be granted.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008

I think the current MMDA has better listening. But of course, not everything requested will be granted.
    There's actually a thread here in tsikot about that particular Uturn slot causing a bottleneck. Someone suggested na itweet ang MMDA so I took the initiative hehe. Well totoo naman kasi. Kapag galing ako ng Taguig or Ortigas then heading C5 NB, pag lagpas ko ng Libis Uturn slot wala ng traffic. Also, yung mga sinasakop yung 2nd inner lane para makauna sa mga nasa innermost lane ang mas lalong nagpapatraffic and MMDA recently, at least the last time I was there 2 months ago, didn't do anything about it. Dati kasi yung mga nasa innermost lane lang ang pinapayagan nilang mag Uturn.

Sorry OT.

- - - Updated - - -

There's actually a thread here in tsikot about that particular Uturn slot causing a bottleneck. Someone suggested na itweet ang MMDA so I took the initiative hehe. Well totoo naman kasi. Kapag galing ako ng Taguig or Ortigas then heading C5 NB, pag lagpas ko ng Libis Uturn slot wala ng traffic. Also, yung mga sinasakop yung 2nd inner lane para makauna sa mga nasa innermost lane ang mas lalong nagpapatraffic and MMDA recently, at least the last time I was there 2 months ago, didn't do anything about it. Dati kasi yung mga nasa innermost lane lang ang pinapayagan nilang mag Uturn.

Sorry OT.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah ok. Thanks for filling me in on it.

Sa ibang thread natin ituloy.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Whoever thought of this should get a medal. Switching lanes from Rockwell to the leftmost lane to Buendia U-turn is a morning nightmare with all the buses and underbone cycles and greedy motorists not giving an inch to let you through...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    Whoever thought of this should get a medal. Switching lanes from Rockwell to the leftmost lane to Buendia U-turn is a morning nightmare with all the buses and underbone cycles and greedy motorists not giving an inch to let you through...
    On the other hand (for those who are on EDSA from Guadalupe to Makati), the cars coming out of Rockwell/Estrella going to the U-turn at Buendia impede traffic also. Particularly those who force the issue of trying to jump across the lanes immediately instead of "merging" lane by-lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post

Sorry OT.
    I hope something comes out of that tweet of yours. Laking sakit sa ulo talaga yang ginawa ni Eastwood for vehicles traversing C5.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Rockwell to Edsa Southbound via Flyover