New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    yan yung mga bulaga na tinatawag, kaya kung di familiar alalay lang....kapag naman kabisado mo na lamang ka na sa mga hindi alam.
    Pag bagong daan ang dinadaanan ko, mas prefer kong may sasakyan sa harap ko na sinusundan ko. Para kita ko kung tatalbog yung sasakyan dahil sa lubak or may iniwasan, may guide ako. Ginagawa ko to mostly pag inabot ako ng gabi sa unfamiliar roads.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Anyone here from Mindanao who has taken the Upi Rd. from Cotabato to Lebak in Sultan Kudarat? It’s a 100 km road that passes through the mountain & described as having 100 curves. I have passed through twice as a passenger. The road is well paved & marked. It will be a joy to drive if Im given the chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    yan yung mga bulaga na tinatawag, kaya kung di familiar alalay lang....kapag naman kabisado mo na lamang ka na sa mga hindi alam.
    Yung problem nga lang diyan is sometimes, may mga epal drivers din na sumusunod sa iyo na mainipin/mayabang.

Flash-an ka ng high beams, businahan... but what he/she doesn't realize from their point of view behind your car is may hazards kang iniingatan up ahead...

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    One time, on that stretch of Broadway Ave. after Aurora Blvd. heading North to E. Rodriguez, super dilim diyan sa gabi. Andami minsan bigla sumulpot na motor/kotse sa intersections (2nd, 3rd, 4rth St. etc.), and may mga kasalubong ka pa minsan na oncoming vehicles na naka-high beam.

I was going 40-50kph (not an unreasonable speed on a city street, even if maluwag ang daan as it was very late at night), when this Civic comes up at high speed from behind and kulang na lang... wanted to run me off the road. When he saw an opening on my right side (a pretty dumb side to pass on anyway), he zoomed past. Ang hindi niya alam is close to the curb, yung roots ng mga old mango trees doon actually grew under and pushed up the street. Nakabukol na hump na mataas, not much different from yung dinescribe ni Bloowolf sa thread na ito.

His right tires hit one of those humps probably going no less than 80... good thing he didn't lose control and sideswipe the tree, pero the big shock was probably enough to humble him up. Ayun, nag slow down tapos dun sa medyo maliwanag (BPI Fam Bank opposite McDo) nag hazard & nag pull over to inspect his car.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I was trying to find an appropriate thread for this, but couldn’t find one. I wanted to warn you guys about this filinvest off ramp. Southbound, if you are taking the offramp to Filinvest, better slow down because at the top of that ramp, the road suddenly dips & if you are going fast, you will find your car lifting off then slamming back down hard. It happened to me twice this month.

that dip has always been there, actually.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    that dip has always been there, actually.
    I live around the area but I usually take the West Service road to Filinvest. I din’t know about it.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I was trying to find an appropriate thread for this, but couldn’t find one. I wanted to warn you guys about this filinvest off ramp. Southbound, if you are taking the offramp to Filinvest, better slow down because at the top of that ramp, the road suddenly dips & if you are going fast, you will find your car lifting off then slamming back down hard. It happened to me twice this month.

I remember that part, mga 2 or 3 times ata ako nalubak, after that I make it a point to slowdown,
    and if there's a heavy down pour a few meters before the toll gate medyo malalim yun baha,
    it was deep enough to displace my splash guard

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Yung problem nga lang diyan is sometimes, may mga epal drivers din na sumusunod sa iyo na mainipin/mayabang.

Flash-an ka ng high beams, businahan... but what he/she doesn't realize from their point of view behind your car is may hazards kang iniingatan up ahead...
    haha di nawawala yun, if meron naman space say dyan sa Broadway Ave. na 2 lanes binibigay ko sa kanila gusto nila para next time alam na nila

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    pag daan ko kahapom, naayos na nila yan southbound exit/offramp of Filinvest,

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Yung mga rumble strips di pa rin naayos na naaayon sa standard. Parang trip trip lang kung gaano kataas. Example yung dyan sa may Ortigas Avenue Northbound just before Lanuza. Di mo malaman kung mag-slowdown ka ba or mag-speed up para not as jarring sa iyo at sa sasakyan mo.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast