New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I went to Kyusi yesterday for a family get together, 1st in 5 months. Going there was a breeze, via Stage 3. Going home around night via EDSA wasn’t. EDSA is confusing especially with the left side bus lane. The lanes change from 5 to 4 & sometimes 3, mawawala yung barriers, cars use that lane then the barriers suddenly appear. Twice I had to suddenly change lanes again. I can’t figure out those barriers in the Ayala underpass. It has those but it doesn’t go all the way. I’m glad I don’t have to use it often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I went to Kyusi yesterday for a family get together, 1st in 5 months. Going there was a breeze, via Stage 3. Going home around night via EDSA wasn’t. EDSA is confusing especially with the left side bus lane. The lanes change from 5 to 4 & sometimes 3, mawawala yung barriers, cars use that lane then the barriers suddenly appear. Twice I had to suddenly change lanes again. I can’t figure out those barriers in the Ayala underpass. It has those but it doesn’t go all the way. I’m glad I don’t have to use it often.

is skyway 3 still free?

yes, i also find edsa now, confusing. not to mention, the road dividers that have a knack of attracting car bumpers. i do not see how the current scheme is an advantage over the previous scheme that we grew up with.
    a previous mmda official earlier said that they had dis-approved of that scheme before.
    i am wondering, why did the next set of officials approve it...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is skyway 3 still free?

yes, i also find edsa now, confusing. not to mention, the road dividers that have a knack of attracting car bumpers. i do not see how the current scheme is an advantage over the previous scheme that we grew up with.
    a previous mmda official earlier said that they had dis-approved of that scheme before.
    i am wondering, why did the next set of officials approve it...
    Yes, still free though, you have to pay P60 to go to the Minda ramp.

Twice I nearly got into an accident swerving out of that lane. It is confusing cause the rules are not consistent. They said cars are not allowed but I see a lot going in. Why have those dividers in the tunnel when the buses pass on top? Why divide the lanes without any purpose?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yes, still free though, you have to pay P60 to go to the Minda ramp.

Twice I nearly got into an accident swerving out of that lane. It is confusing cause the rules are not consistent. They said cars are not allowed but I see a lot going in. Why have those dividers in the tunnel when the buses pass on top? Why divide the lanes without any purpose?

thankspo. gagamit kasi ako bukas.

the previous edsa scheme was consistently consistent. walang naco-confuse.

"kasalanan ng motorista yan kung mabangga nila ang divider, dahil hindi naman gumagalaw ang divider."
    if an independent traffic expert were asked of opinion, i am confident said expert will have a different account of things...

an older mmda official explained the yellow line as they first envisioned it.
    it is not to prevent the bus from going out to the private cars' lane... it is to prevent the private motor vehicle from going into the bus lane.
    the later policy that prevents either vehicle from either side from crossing the yellow lane, is a later interpretation.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Anyone here takes the SLEX San Pedro exit through Magsaysay Ave. to Daang Reyna to Daang Hari? Shortcut to Evia zlifestyle Center. Its also a zigzag road through the hills.The road is asphalted & not that smooth but sort of scenic since some of the view is nice.

Tried this route during the peak insane traffic nung full blast yung Skyway extension construction pre-covid. Exit SLEX NB at Southwoods, turn right after Southwoods Mall then follow Waze all the way to Daang Reyna, Evia na ang lusot.

Extremely circuitous route compared to SLEX, puno rin ng subdivisions and trikes and pedestrians on both sides, pero that time it was unbelievably faster than going through SLEX.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    1 ‘Build, Build, Build’ projects in Central Luzon – Manila Bulletin

One of the projects is a bridge from Bataan to Naik, Cavite which will cut travel time from 5 hrs to 30 minutes.

Last edited by bloowolf; July 3rd, 2021 at 10:42 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    This docu was way back 2014? I heard a lot has changed then.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yeah interesting nga yung comments.

AFAIK the road is complete, I've head from folks who've driven through and they say it's fully paved already.

From the comments the old tattooist lady is still alive and well at 104+

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sneaked in a drive of Skyway S3 this morning before tolls are imposed effective tomorrow. Seeing more enforcers & traps compared to a couple of weeks ago.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast