New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I wonder if the MMDA ever sat down with LTO to determine the actual distribution of end plate numbers for cars on the road. Ideally it should be even, but...

Anecdotally there are a lot of cars ending in 8, possibly also 1 and 6, and not many with 4 because of Chinese superstition. Western culture might lead to an increase in number 7s.

This leads to a big reduction of cars on Thursdays alone.

Ideally they should pair an end number with high prevalence in the distribution with a lower one, in order to achieve an even reduction in traffic across the week.

So instead of the usual 1,2 / 3,4 / 5,6 / 7,8 / 9,0, we might end up with something like 4,8 / 2,7 / 5,0 / 1,3 / 9,6. Of course I am pulling these combinations out of thin air which is why doing the actual study is worthwhile.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    alisin na ang bus way sa edsa, kase na rehabilitate naman na ang MRT... baket trapik sa edsa? kase meron mga sasakyan na hindi kaya pagkasyahin ang sasakyan nila sa inner most lane na malapit sa concrete barriers, ayun naka usli tuloy sa linya kaya bumabagal ang daloy ng trapiko...

pero akalain mo isa buwan libre ang sakay sa MRT pero may pumupunta pa din sa bus way para sumakay ng bus eh pareho bus stop lang naman ang hihintuan ng BUS at MRT sa edsa

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    This is stressing me out. I am browsing used cars at Carousell. It's hard enough to buy a GOOD second hand, I need a 7 ending plate pa!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The 50% option looks silly, so I would look at the 40%

Looks like we need a 1 or 2

This is going to backfire, people are just going to buy more cars

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    The 50% option looks silly, so I would look at the 40%

Looks like we need a 1 or 2

This is going to backfire, people are just going to buy more cars
    I specifically need a 7 to cover both 40 and 50% scheme. I hate this government. People will have minimum 3 cars each now! [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    People will have minimum 3 cars each now! [emoji35]
    the most annoying part is that those 3 cars will be used on days when there's no coding (like Sat, Sun and Holidays)

so again... more cars on our roads.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    the most annoying part is that those 3 cars will be used on days when there's no coding (like Sat, Sun and Holidays)

so again... more cars on our roads.
    more cars, more taxes, govt wins!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I specifically need a 7 to cover both 40 and 50% scheme. I hate this government. People will have minimum 3 cars each now! [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    And those extra cars that can't fit in the garage, would be parked on the street, creating more traffic.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Realistic ba talaga na bibili lang ng additional kotse ang mga tao to get around the coding? Ganun lang kasimple for the common office employee? I find that hard to believe...

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app