New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Curious if you guys managed to catch this sa news.

Personally for me, the DOE directive is dumb.

Returning Euro 2 violates the clean air act and basically throws all emission standards out the window.

Second, if you read the article, the savings is only about 0.30php per liter.

Compare that to the better savings or option as proposed by the IPPs to suspend requirement to blend 10% ethanol into our fuels.

DOE, petro firms disagree on Euro 2 diesel fuel revival | BusinessMirror

-------------------

From the article:

Instead of reintroducing Euro 2 diesel, which may not be made available due to logistical concerns and minimal price reduction, IPPCA suggested the suspension of the implementation of the Biofuels law.

“This will be more effective, particularly the 10-percent ethanol blend on gasoline. With the Euro 4 standard already in effect, which is 10 times cleaner than Euro 2 standard, the use of ethanol and even biodiesel is no longer needed in achieving cleaner emissions from both gasoline and diesel,” Suntay said.

Recent spikes and scarcity of table sugar can also be traced to the use of the same raw materials. “Sugar cane in ethanol production, which is given higher priority due to its mandatory blending to 10 percent of all gasoline products, commanding higher prices, but more expensive by as much as P4 for locally produced ethanol versus price of imported gasoline,” he added.

---------------

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    this is one of the dumbest government ideas...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    this is one of the dumbest government ideas...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    HAHA I agree.

These people are dinosaurs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    pwede naman ibalik dahil sobrang dami pa naman ding Euro2 engine na ginagamit dito sa atin..

kahit papano malaking bawas sa presyo ng diesel,,,pero kung ayaw naman nila tanggalin nalang ang train law sa diesel at gas.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    P0.30/L lang ang bawas? That IS negligible. Oftentimes the price difference between neighboring gas stations is way more than that.

If they truly want to address the problem on fuel prices, they should just remove both TRAIN taxes and VAT. That is already double taxation. Implementation of such measure will remove several pesos per liter off the price of fuel, instead of the paltry 0.30/L plus the added pollution and embarassment in the international community for having to resort to such measures.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    P0.30/L lang ang bawas? That IS negligible. Oftentimes the price difference between neighboring gas stations is way more than that.

If they truly want to address the problem on fuel prices, they should just remove both TRAIN taxes and VAT. That is already double taxation. Implementation of such measure will remove several pesos per liter off the price of fuel, instead of the paltry 0.30/L plus the added pollution and embarassment in the international community for having to resort to such measures.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    The IPP's have proposed that instead of Euro 2, to remove the 10% ethanol, since the fuels are already Euro 4, rendering the Biofuels act obsolete. By doing so, price per liter is reduced by about 3 to 4php (not sure if this is for diesel only, or includes petrol as well).

It's the reason why I find DOE's proposal stupid. TRAIN/VAT is another issue, but the price increase caused by Biofuels are a reality we dont need to deal with anymore as we have required Euro 4 fuels now. They made some sense when it was Euro 2 (as that was the reason for the law).

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya kung ano ano naiisip ng mga tao sa gobyerno

kasi ang basis nila ung basket of goods & services that the statistics office uses to calculate inflation (called the CPI market basket)

diba there was this suggestion to cut tariffs on imported fish to zero

threatening rice traders who are hoarding stock

tapos eto mag import daw ng cheaper diesel

they're targeting the components in the CPI market basket to bring down inflation
    Last edited by uls; August 15th, 2018 at 04:00 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    gobyerno kasi sabihin nalang nag derecho

plano mag import ng euro 2 diesel para ibaba ang inflation

kasi ang food malaking cost ang fuel

di na daw afford ng mangingisda pumalaot

pataas nang pataas ang food prices

Eh food ang pinakamabigat na component ng Consumer Price Index

high food prices can topple governments

this is figuratively a life or death situation for the government

f#ck the clean air act

the govt wants to lower inflation

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    The IPP's have proposed that instead of Euro 2, to remove the 10% ethanol, since the fuels are already Euro 4, rendering the Biofuels act obsolete. By doing so, price per liter is reduced by about 3 to 4php (not sure if this is for diesel only, or includes petrol as well).

It's the reason why I find DOE's proposal stupid. TRAIN/VAT is another issue, but the price increase caused by Biofuels are a reality we dont need to deal with anymore as we have required Euro 4 fuels now. They made some sense when it was Euro 2 (as that was the reason for the law).
    Afaik our diesel is B3 or 3% biodiesel and the biodiesel content comes exclusively from local coconut oil. Even at record coconut oil prices I don't think it'll make much difference if they did away with it as the % is too small.

The 10% Ethanol content is for gasoline only. That one I think should be reviewed as a lot of people who use gasoline are hardest hit by TRAIN. Motorcycle riders, tricycle drivers, anyone who uses a small motor like in farm equipment, fishing boats, small generators, etc.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; August 16th, 2018 at 04:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast