New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Yes he is but are NEDA people businessmen also?

Private initiatives are still subject to NEDA approval.

Basta for people who likes this project, wag kayo magrereklamo about traffic. You know the solution pero ayaw lang gawin.
    Complain pa more lol.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    If no one will submit a proposal for a mass transpo project, wala naman magagawa ang NEDA. It will either approve or deny RSA's proposal. Since more roads are badly needed in Metro Manila, they might as well approve it.
    i have been a bit curious about this.

Who was the proponent who did the Light Rail Planning for Metro Manila? I know it was government (under Marcos), but which agency proposed it?

Reason I ask is, is that department "gutted" and they can no longer do similar planning for approval?

The business proponent can quote after right? Similar to the MRT and the LRT 7?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    HK's MTR example shows that with proper planning, it can be a consistent big-bucks money-maker.
    HK MTR is the gold standard when it comes to mass rail due to their R+P [rail + property] business model.

Eh dito satin [and sa ibang lugar]: agawan pa more mga mall / property / land developers sa land along the ROW especially kung san itatayo yung stations.

One important reason the system has been able to perform so well is that the government of Hong Kong has enabled MTR to make money from the property-value increases that typically follow the construction of rail lines. The key is a business model called “Rail plus Property” (R+P). For new rail lines, the government provides MTR with land “development rights” at stations or depots along the route. To convert these development rights to land, MTR pays the government a land premium based on the land’s market value without the railway.

MTR then builds the new rail line and partners with private developers to build properties. The choice of private developer is made through a competitive tender process. MTR receives a share of the profits that developers make from these properties; this share could be a percentage of total development profits, a fixed lump sum, or a portion of commercial properties built on the site. By capturing part of the value of the land and property around railway lines, MTR generates funds for new projects as well as for operations and maintenance.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    HK MTR is the gold standard when it comes to mass rail due to their R+P [rail + property] business model.

Eh dito satin [and sa ibang lugar]: agawan pa more mga mall / property / land developers sa land along the ROW especially kung san itatayo yung stations.
    Correct. HK’s MTR does not make money with its rail operations. In fact, no rail operations in the world is profitable. All have to be subsidized by their governments.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Correct. HK’s MTR does not make money with its rail operations. In fact, no rail operations in the world is profitable. All have to be subsidized by their governments.
    Diba ang business model nila parwng naging real state? Sa kanila ba mga buildings kung saan meron mga terminals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Diba ang business model nila parwng naging real state? Sa kanila ba mga buildings kung saan meron mga terminals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not all buildings are properties of MTR. But the tallest bldgs in HK are owned by MTR, and usually dun located mga malalaking transfer terminals ng MTR: IFC 1 & 2.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Just an addition to the urban blight. Mangyari dyan parang Avenida or Araneta Avenue. Yun ay kung hindi mapa-plano ng maayos o masu-sustain kung anuman ang magandang plano.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    My friends who are urban planners hate this.

They have a point, its an eyesore and it wont fix traffic in a meaningful way. Other countries are dismantling their skyways while we are building more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast