New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Pag-iisyu ng driver’s license mas hihigpitan ng LTO | ABS-CBN News

Old news it seems (posted on 10-24-2019) but I could not find a post here discussing the abolition of the Professional and Non-Professional categories as stated in the ABS-CBN video.

Tried searching through old posts and the only remotely related to this article is this one: LTO will now require seminar prior renewal

What's had me worried though is the driving school requirement. The video did not go into detail but it seems those of us who've driven for quite some time are going to have to go to driving school or get additional training before we can renew our driver's license? Or was that for new drivers only?

I'm also worried about the scheme wherein your license categories is dictated by the passenger capacity of your car i.e. 8 passengers or less is one category (BM1) while 8 passengers or more is another category (B1M2). I drive a Picanto and a Starex so does this mean I have to pay for two different licenses?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lto.jpg  
    Last edited by grss1982; December 17th, 2019 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Typos

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A good measure of license class is gross vehicle weight, not number of seats. Ganyan na dati system nila eh. Pinagulo pa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013

Pag-iisyu ng driver’s license mas hihigpitan ng LTO