New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    That would also be great if the majority of those attending the seminars can actually understand what is being discussed.

Specifically, PUV drivers who hold red licenses. Ironic, isn't it? Those we expect to know how to drive professionally are the ones with almost zero knowledge of road rules and courtesies. Especially Jeepney and trike drivers.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    That would also be great if the majority of those attending the seminars can actually understand what is being discussed.

Specifically, PUV drivers who hold red licenses. Ironic, isn't it? Those we expect to know how to drive professionally are the ones with almost zero knowledge of road rules and courtesies. Especially Jeepney and trike drivers.
    unfortunately, current rules do not dictate that they take re-accreditation exam when re-newing their professional license.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    They should also give licenses to operators of E-Vehicles.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post

i agree.
    many of these folks do not even seem conscious of common driving safety rules.
    take the slow-moving mag-ina, hogging the fast lane along taft avenue...

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    unfortunately, current rules do not dictate that they take re-accreditation exam when re-newing their professional license.
    That is exactly why I stated how ironic it is, considering they should Doc.

The LTO is awash with ineffective and unenforced rules and regulations which are often the cause of so many vehicular accidents.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post

I think the operative word should be to 'require' them to apply for driver's licenses and go through the whole process, seminars, written and actual driving tests.

Those small e-bikes in particular are road hazards. They shouldn't be on public roads in the first place.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    That is exactly why I stated how ironic it is, considering they should Doc.

The LTO is awash with ineffective and unenforced rules and regulations which are often the cause of so many vehicular accidents.
    perhaps we should lobby to have this re-examination in the renewal rules.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    It's not a seminar per se but just to make sure that every applicant at least reads the rules. I see the same rules posted in most offices. Applicants can choose between English or Tagalog. No read no form.
    There should also be one in MANDARIN. Lots of Mainland Chinese with Filipino Driver's License. Don't ask how they got one.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    perhaps we should lobby to have this re-examination in the renewal rules.
    If you could do that Doc, you could potentially save a lot of lives and we would all be grateful for it.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    There should also be one in MANDARIN. Lots of Mainland Chinese with Filipino Driver's License. Don't ask how they got one.
    chinese laborers working in chinese-funded projects?
    we should extradite them.
    am i the only one, who sees these as de facto chinese soldiers, with just a signal from an ordinary cellphone?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast