New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I have a good friend of mine who gave me a sticker "Office of the President of the Republic of the Philippines". Is it lawful if I'll stick it on the windshield? Will I be apprehended for using such sticker? Advises please.....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    is this the one that is predominantly black in color?

i would think that the general rule is that so long as this is an official sticker used for official purposes on official vehicles, then it is okay

as to whether you can be apprehended, well the traffic enforcer has the authority (though few actually practice it) to question the legitimacy or official nature of the sticker by asking you how you maybe connected to the OP to be able to acquire such an official sticker.

but it is not, and should not be, an exemption to any traffic rule (color coding, driving on the bus lane for private vehicles, etc)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    is this the one that is predominantly black in color?

i would think that the general rule is that so long as this is an official sticker used for official purposes on official vehicles, then it is okay

as to whether you can be apprehended, well the traffic enforcer has the authority (though few actually practice it) to question the legitimacy or official nature of the sticker by asking you how you maybe connected to the OP to be able to acquire such an official sticker.

but it is not, and should not be, an exemption to any traffic rule (color coding, driving on the bus lane for private vehicles, etc)

Thanks 111prez. I was given two sticker, the one that you mention that is predominantly black in color and the other one is predominantly white and its bigger and thicker than the predominantly black sticker. I think I'll just have to keep it and paste it inside my locker. hehehehe........just to keep myself away from any troubles because of those stickers. The best way to avoid apprehension is to abide with the traffic laws and regulations. Thanks again 111prez.....

Office of the President of the Republic of the Philippines Sticker