New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ok lang yan,1 month din akong walang stickers hinde naman ako nasita, coding lang naman binabantayan nila...

lagi talgang ganyan pag end of the year or first month ng year laging ubos ang stickers
    I think so too. Actually natagalan na nga yung plaka eh, kasi originally hinihingi ko end# eh 8, pero pinamadali ko na so my end# now is 2. So far, sa mga dinaanan namin last night and late this morning, wala pa namang sumisita.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Yes, just show the apprehending officer a copy of your OR/CR and explain na wala pa 3 yr sticker. Madami ngayong new vehicles na may plate na but wala pa sticker
    Agree, marami akong nakikitang bagong Vios and Starex na may plaka pero walang sticker, sa Makati and Ortigas area.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    OT - san po ba nakakabili ng maganda/mura frame for the plate? Is it true hinuhuli 'to sa Makati?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jr_altis_s View Post
    Plate at OR pa lang po ang ibinigay, wala pang CR, kasi nga walang sticker na available, na naka-indicate naman don sa OR.
    niloloko ka ng dealer mo at malamang meron syang kasabwat sa LTO ... hindi pa kasi tapos ang registration process eh ... hindi nila dapat ibigay sayo ang plate kung hindi pa tapos ang registration ( wala pang sticker) ... you are not yet officially/formally registered ... kaya hindi mo pa dapat gamitin ang sasakyan kung ayaw mong maistorbo sa kalye

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    niloloko ka ng dealer mo at malamang meron syang kasabwat sa LTO ... hindi pa kasi tapos ang registration process eh ... hindi nila dapat ibigay sayo ang plate kung hindi pa tapos ang registration ( wala pang sticker) ... you are not yet officially/formally registered ... kaya hindi mo pa dapat gamitin ang sasakyan kung ayaw mong maistorbo sa kalye
    Is this true? Does this mean any and every car I see without the sticker has been played-up by their dealer and LTO connections? That's harsh, really.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Is this true? Does this mean any and every car I see without the sticker has been played-up by their dealer and LTO connections? That's harsh, really.
    I think parang ganito yan...same din when my brother applied for a new driver's license way back 2003. after nya makapasa sa written and practical exam, license paper lang yung ni-issue sa kanya. balikan na lang daw nya sa LTO within 2 weeks to get the card. naka-indicate din doon sa license paper na wala pang na-issue na card sa kanya. he then used it to drive our liteace from manila to quezon province and back without any hassel.

ang problem lang sa plates, visible sya sa mga buwayang traffice enforcer. hassle nga.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by puroy View Post
    I think parang ganito yan...same din when my brother applied for a new driver's license way back 2003. after nya makapasa sa written and practical exam, license paper lang yung ni-issue sa kanya. balikan na lang daw nya sa LTO within 2 weeks to get the card. naka-indicate din doon sa license paper na wala pang na-issue na card sa kanya. he then used it to drive our liteace from manila to quezon province and back without any hassel.

ang problem lang sa plates, visible sya sa mga buwayang traffice enforcer. hassle nga.
    OK, at least I didn't have to think anyone (dealer or LTO) is knocking me off as suggested by kinyo, strong-worded kasi.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think we shiouldn't jump to conclusions kaagad and use harsh words.

Ako, Im into my 4th new car and each time, the plates were delayed. Especially at the end of the year when a lot of people buy cars. The LTO, the Highway Patrol, MMDA are aware of this and are sympathetic. In fact, I drove my new Yaris from November 20 to January 28 with no plates and no sticker. The dealer just kept updating the Delivery Receipt weekly.

Di din kasi fault ng dealer if there is a big demand for new plates and stickers that LTO can't handle. After I got my plates on the 28th, wala pa din sticker so I waited another week.

Hindi naman instant na may plates and sticker na yung OR and CR. The dealer will assign you the plate number that you want and that number will be reflected in a report that the dealer will submit to LTO for update. Only then will you get a numbered sticker set from LTO to correspond with your plates and registration.

And all that is paperwork. Imagine if they sold more than a hundred cars and all these were purchased on different dates, di naman practical i-process yan ng isa-isa!

The entire 2 and a half months na wala akong plates, no law enforcer ever flagged me down. So don't worry. So long as you have a valid DR that says the car is less than 7 days old and your conduction sticker is intact, safe ka. The cops have no way of verifying this kasi the dealers sell the cars at random and do not follow the sequence of the conduction sticker. They prolly do this on pupose.

Good time pa nga yung 2.5 months eh. Kasi in the case of my 2004 my Vios, it got caught on C5 almost four months after purchase (December) wala pa rin plates and reg. Umabot pa complaint ko sa Presidente ng TMP si Mr. Tabata. I got the plates April 2004. TQA or Commonwealth ba dealer mo? Notorious yan sila sa delay...

BTW, Makati and Pasay use the last number of the conduction sticker to enforce "coding" for plateless cars. FYI

Boyd

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's ok, nakataktak yan sa OR mo na "no sticker available" ok lang believe no one is pulling your leg... talagang short sila sa stickers ngayon...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    basta clear eh ok lang yan.. you can buy at any DIY hardware.. Toyota ba car mo?? meron din sa CASA.. libre kabit na rin don... basta clear walang huli.

OT - san po ba nakakabili ng maganda/mura frame for the plate? Is it true hinuhuli 'to sa Makati?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
No plate, can't drive?