New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Apparently MMDA has raised the white flag. Towing hasn't deterred/little effect on idiot drivers from illegal parking. I wonder if this applies to all towing operations.

No more towing for illegally parked vehicles ? MMDA | Philstar.com

MANILA, Philippines — The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will no longer tow illegally parked vehicles starting today.

“We intend to avoid confrontations and incidents of corruption,” MMDA general manager Jojo Garcia told reporters in a press conference yesterday afternoon in Makati City.

He made the announcement a few weeks after a Department of Justice prosecutor was caught on video trying to avoid paying a fine for illegal parking.

Garcia said traffic enforcers will leave citation tickets on the windshields of illegally parked vehicles.

He added that they will no longer observe the five-minute rule that they previously implemented before towing illegally parked vehicles.

Vehicle owners face a fine of P500 for three traffic violations. The issuance of citation tickets can be done twice a day, from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., for unattended illegally parked vehicles.

Garcia said the MMDA’s towing trucks will now be used to clear obstructions along the designated alternate routes for motorists seeking to avoid EDSA.

Garcia warned motorists not to ignore the citation tickets – they will be unable to renew their vehicle registration with the Land Transportation Office.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    so kung walang driver? ti ticketan tapos iiwan na lang nila ticket sa windshield? pano ma ti ticketan kung wala yung driver's license?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Probably the license plate of the vehicle will be the one to be reported to LTO, then it cannot be renewed the followong year if the fine hasn't been paid.

Sent via AsusZ3M

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yes it's the plate, problem lang is if the fines are still cheaper than paying for parking, hopefully, multiple violations will lead to suspension of registration and a hefty fine.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Looks like MMDA is back to square one in dealing with illegal parking. I guess we'll be seeing less of Bong Nebrija arguing with idiot driver... :P

6. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Apparently MMDA has raised the white flag. Towing hasn't deterred/little effect on idiot drivers from illegal parking. I wonder if this applies to all towing operations.

No more towing for illegally parked vehicles ? MMDA | Philstar.com
    Garcia said traffic enforcers will leave citation tickets on the windshields of illegally parked vehicles.

He added that they will no longer observe the five-minute rule that they previously implemented before towing illegally parked vehicles.

I'm confused. Will they just leave citation tickets or will they still tow and remove the five minute rule?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tolitsaso View Post

I'm confused. Will they just leave citation tickets or will they still tow and remove the five minute rule?

Sent via AsusZ3M

8. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    [QUOTE=Monseratto;3001878]Looks like MMDA is back to square one in dealing with illegal parking. I guess we'll be seeing less of Bong Nebrija arguing with idiot driver... :P

[/Q

whoaaa..I thought col bong is doing the right thing of clearing metro manila road with this illegally parked vehicles. what happened??.. damn this MMDA GM politics maybe?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Kikita nanaman ang mga "fixer" sa lto.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    One step forward, two steps backward

The purpose of towing is to immediately clear the streets of obstruction, especially vehicles parked in a no parking zone that disrupts the flow of traffic.
    Kung di sila babatakin, kahit may fine sila for penalties, eh nandoon pa din sila as obstruction, meaning nakaharang pa din sila sa daloy ng trapiko.
    I was even hoping na sana madagdagan ang tow trucks ng MMDA, for them to cover more areas at the same time.

Naisip ko lang, para maiwasan ang corruption, bakit di na lang bumili ng sariling tow trucks ang MMDA.
    Kailangan ba outsource na lang?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast