New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    JLG, so paglabas ng exit hindi ako pwede sa ortigas (QC) but rather right along san miguel avenue going to j vargas?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Any word on Las Pinas? I have to go there sometimes for work, and I've noticed a lot of "coded" vehicles passing through outside the 10-3 window.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    JLG, so paglabas ng exit hindi ako pwede sa ortigas (QC) but rather right along san miguel avenue going to j vargas?
    Oops... mali pala ako.

I doubled checked it... Pasig ang Meralco Avenue (since Pasig ang corporate address ng Meralco). Di ko lang sure hanggang saan. Tingnan ko sa citimap ko mamya.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    please pardon my ignorance but is marcos highway part of marikina and pasig i live in cainta eh and walang coding dito ever since pero takot ako pumunta ng marikina kasi hindi ako sure kung ano sakop ng marcos hway eh i remember seeing cars before that were being flagged down by mmda... does this mean na pwede na ako ngayon dumaan marcos hway pag coding ako? thanks a lot

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ever since walang coding sa Marikina. Yun Santolan station ng LRT up to Ligaya is part of Pasig.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Dapat sa buong Metro Manila na talaga tapusin ang coding.

Like you guys said, people with extra money simply buy another car as a substitute for their coding days. Implicitly, number coding is pro-rich. They can get extra vehicles for themselves at the blink of an eye. Another option is getting a very expensive special plate, with lifetime exepmption. Also included here are those corrupt officials who get away with privileges whatsoever. What's worse, the ones who planned the scheme are also free of this.

Personally, no such scheme should be implemented in the first place. As I've posted in other forums, our public transport is not that accessible and quite unsafe. Goons and holduppers can just come about in buses, trains, even taxis. I'd rather take the risk of losing a hundred or so bucks for kotong than fall victim to people who are hardly half my worth.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    squala,

IMO - the UVVRP scheme should be on selected roads and/or selected cities.

Take for example Makati - even without the 10 to 3 window the place is still jampacked with motorists (more often than not with only one passenger).

For QC, IMO it should only be limited to EDSA, Quezon Blvd / Espana, E. Rodriguez, C5, A. Bonifacio, C3 and other major roads. There are a lot of back roads in QC that are unused.

Caloocan, Manila, Mandaluyong & Pasay should lift the UVVRP since traffic build up there is limited to only a few major intersections.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    sir, you are correct. IMO 1. i think they should implement the scheme to major roads (which they did before) BUT STRICTER! 2. IMO, TRAFFIC JAM IS CAUSED BY PEDESTRIANS AND UNDISCIPLINED DRIVERS (PRVT OR PUB) 3. LOADING and UNLOADING of passengers 4. ROAD CONDITION ... We have laws governing our roads.
    Its sad to see our fellow drivers not adhering to these. Sorry just ranting ...

good day to all!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys... sa Mandaluyong ba may UVVRP window (10-3 walang coding)?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    AFAIK San Juan lang yata at Makati wala. But to be safe, I always take the back roads and not EDSA.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
NO Color Coding ???