New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kagabi,- na-feature naman iyong mga colorum na vans na hinuhuli nila dito sa Metro Manila..... Huwag naman sanang maging ningas cogon lang... Dapat ay ipatupad nila ito sa lahat ng araw....

5808:bee:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep... it did work. I travel from Balintawak to Makati almost every working day (except on UVVRP day of course where I only go until Guadalupe).

After school stopped (hurrah!) - I was surprised that the traffic flow hasn't improved that much... and the reason? Buses were clogging major intersections and causing mayhem - parang ngayon lang nakawala.

I was pretty sure by that time that a colorum crackdown would follow... they do this every two months or so.

Then it began... tons of buses & other PUVs on the side of the road... it was chaotic at first but traffic started to ease up.

:cool01:

bigbigcar.com Review: Toyota Avanza 1.5G

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wrider View Post
    Traffic did ease on EDSA this last week and buses seem to be fewer. Even during the previous years during vacations there was no such comparable remarkable improvement. So they must have done something right.

Kudos to MMDA and with hope that they can sustain the good work.
    AySUStain ba ikamo brod? We are hoping na magtuloy tuloy nga. Medyo lumuwag yung traffic hindi dahil may mga nahuling mga colorum dahil kokonti lang sa total numbers na estimate nila ang nahuli.

Ang siste natakot yung ibang colorum na lumabas at baka mahuli rin sila. Sana araw-araw manghuli para araw-araw takot ang ibang kolorum...he.he.he.

Isa pang cause ng traffic ay yung paghambalang ng mga bus sa Edsa after makapicked-up ng pasahero!!!! Nakikita kaya to ng MMDA?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    kaya minsan nakakapikon din mga leaders ng bus groups like Claire dela Fuente when they say buses dont cause traffic along EDSA when they are actually more private cars, hence, its the private cars that causing the traffic, to follow their logic.

pero kung iisipin mo, konti nga ang mga buses as compared to private cars. but if this minority ang humaharang sa edsa, e di traffic din. in denial pa kasi sila na its the buses that cause traffic. the evidence is clear.

bopols talaga mga transport groups na to minsan.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It's normal, they will of course protect their earnings first.

If these people are proactive to begin with, these colorum PUVs wouldn't exist. They know it is wrong and illegal, yet, they choose to take advantage of their numbers and the lack of tracking equipment (which is what BF is now pilot-testing).

That is why, I am all support for Bayani Fernando, even if he burns these buses, i don't care.

Personally, i don't really care much about these city buses because I normally take MRT/LRT/LRT-2 and taxis among these PUVs anyway.

Riding city buses is so stressful (long waiting time, dirty seats, smelly interior, funeral hearse speed) that the savings isn't just worth the trouble. Imagine hell.

The problem with these bus owners is that they've never really tried riding full route aboard their buses incognito. If they did, they'd know what aspects to improve and eliminate.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ang dami-dami na nga racket nyan si Claire dela fuente, may mga kainan yan sa tiendesitas saka greenhills tapos kumakanta pa ng carpenters tapos nag-ooperate pa ng bus liner.

mautak yan nun may meeting kami somewhere sa isang secluded resto lapit dyan sa OB Montessori ghills may kinakausap yan na opisyal ng gobyerno kungtodo touch and lambing dun sa opisyal para siguro makapagdagdag ng edsa buses

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lugarai View Post
    AySUStain ba ikamo brod? We are hoping na magtuloy tuloy nga. Medyo lumuwag yung traffic hindi dahil may mga nahuling mga colorum dahil kokonti lang sa total numbers na estimate nila ang nahuli.

Ang siste natakot yung ibang colorum na lumabas at baka mahuli rin sila. Sana araw-araw manghuli para araw-araw takot ang ibang kolorum...he.he.he.

Isa pang cause ng traffic ay yung paghambalang ng mga bus sa Edsa after makapicked-up ng pasahero!!!! Nakikita kaya to ng MMDA?

Paanong makikita, pag ganyan na, sa ibang dako tumitingin ang mga linsiyak...

5808:bee:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Bwiset yang mga bus na yan..parang nagraracing sa kalye.. Cut dito cut Dun nakakapikon.. syempre matatakot ka kasi maliit at hamak na sedan lng gamit mo. Yung iba itatabi nga yung bus nila, yung pwet yung tinabi, pero yung harap nasa gitna.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    the crackdown on colorum buses and and jeepneys is still ongoing. every day I see new buses and jeepneys parked at edsa cor. timog ave. they have a temporary parking there for apprehended vehicles.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sige lang, ipagpatuloy ang pag huli sa mga colorum. Alam naman nila na bawal, ginagawa pa rin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
MMDA: Traffic on EDSA faster because of colorum crackdown.