New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    He has been in office since July 2010 but we have not seen significant improvement in the traffic in metro manila.

I know that traffic is not the only issue he is working on, and that the solution to the problem should be a collaboration of other govt agencies, local and national govts. However, the traffic and transport problem in MM has worsened as years passed.

Should we have a new MMDA chair or are you satisfied of Tolentino's performance?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I think you just can't put anyone as MMDA Chair then metro manila is in order na agad.

Metro Manila consists of different cities ruled individually, may kanya kanyang batas at policy.

Each of the cities have their own traffic rules, regulations to add up may sarili silang enforcers.

Andyan din LTO and LTFRB na may kontrol sa mga PUVs, if higpitan lang nila ang pagpapatupad ng batas for sure madaming malalagas sa mga PUV sa kalsada.

Dumadami ang saasakyan, ang kalsada hindi lumalapad hindi rin nadadagdagan (Hello DPWH!). Hukay everywhere!

Kulang sa urban planning ang Pilipinas. Pero ngayon mo pa ba uumpisahan? looks like late na tayo para dyan.

Napaka dynamic ng composition ng metro manila kaya domino effect yan.

idagdag mo pa na ano ba ang kapangyarihan mandated sa MMDA? mas mataas ba siya sa LGUs? o mas mababa or pantay lang?
    this must be defined and ending kasi sila sila ang nagtuturuan at nagsisisihan in public.

Kung ikaw din ang MMDA chair eh mapapakurap ka talaga sa dami ng problema.

Pero for me is he doing a good job? i can't say. Pero i appreciate yung ginagawa nila.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personally, no. I saw better enforcement and discipline in the MMDA personnel ranks during the time of BF and even if I don't agree with what BF implemented (those forsaken elevated U-turns and countless pink fences), you could see the will to make some change. It's hard to tell on how a MMDA chair will rank today though because definitely there are more cars on the road but just by looking at the track record (he couldn't fix Tagaytay traffic during his term as mayor, and that's a much simpler scale), propensity to point fingers, and come up with knee-jerk schemes (how many days did he want to ban private cars from the road again?), the current MMDA chair is still wanting (although i know we will never be satisfied whomever we put at the helm).

On a whole note though, i think the MMDA tasks have to be studied and changed. Maybe we need one agency just to manage the entire Metro Manila Traffic (not burdened by LGU policies) and a separate one just for trash and flood control alone. And we're not even touching on those squatters yet.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Tama si bro cns,- bawat bayan at siyudad dito sa MM ay mga Kaharian na pinamumunuan ng mga Kataas-taasang Hari at Reyna na may kanya-kanyang pamamaraan at sistema ng pamamalakad.... Ibinoto pa sila ng mga tao....

Kaya,- sa opinyon ko,- tanggalin na ang mga Hari at Reyna, sa kanilang mga kinaluluklukan,- at gumawa ng Supremong posisyon sa buong MM (de facto na capital ng Pilipinas ito)... Lahat naman tayo e apektado....

Unang Supremo ng MM,- si bro.shadow....

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    24.5K:nite:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pa beautiful eyes lagi.....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would also agree with CNS and CVT. there is nothing an MMDA chair can do if Metro Manila is composed of multiple personalities na nagpapaistaran.

what needs to be done is to put Metro Manila in a single governing body (parang yung ginawa ni Marcos dati nun).... and put all the mayors under that single governing body... tapos tsaka ayusin lahat ang problema ng metro manila.

going back to the question, yes, i think he is doing a good job.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    dati diba may Governor sa Metro Manila.. si Imelda ba yun??

dapat ibalik na lang nila sa ganon.. walang kwenta yang MMDA.. kung kanya kanyang city may sariling ruling..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    dati diba may Governor sa Metro Manila.. si Imelda ba yun??

dapat ibalik na lang nila sa ganon.. walang kwenta yang MMDA.. kung kanya kanyang city may sariling ruling..
    yup, si imelda yun.... i think it was called as the metro manila commission. tapos nung panahon ni cory, naging metro manila authority yan.

ang mahirap nyan ngayon is kailangan ng batas na kailangang i dissolve ang local government units ng Metro Manila cities and municipalities bago ma implement.... sure ako lalabanan yan ng mga mayor.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    may implications yan sa income at budget allocation nang mga cities.. kaya malabo mangyari yan..

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yup, si imelda yun.... i think it was called as the metro manila commission. tapos nung panahon ni cory, naging metro manila authority yan.

ang mahirap nyan ngayon is kailangan ng batas na kailangang i dissolve ang local government units ng Metro Manila cities and municipalities bago ma implement.... sure ako lalabanan yan ng mga mayor.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    marami responsibilities ang MMDA. pero sa 2 major responsibilities na apektado tayo masyado, Traffic on major roads and flood control, he and his agency are not doing a good job. Better pa nga nung time ni Bayani. Total failure Chairman Tolentino. Bumalik ka na lang sa Tagaytay kung saan weekends lang chaotic. Dito sa MEtro Manila, Sunday lang maluwag ang mga daan. Monday to Saturday = total chaos. Sayang lang ang budget na binibigay sa inyo.

Since traffic has been a major major problem of metro manila and this has affected our lives and the economy bigtime, it is high time that the President appoints a Traffic Czar in the mold of Duterte or Lacson or Bayani.
    Last edited by yourman_2nd; September 30th, 2014 at 11:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino doing a good job?