New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    effective? for me, hell no.

kahit sabihin natin na mmda needs to tip toe sometimes with the mayors and other government agencies like ltfrb, at least they could have been more effective in enforcing the traffic rules/laws, be more responsive whenever their is accident, etc.

Dapat ensure ni atty na nagagawa ng mabuti ng mmda yung mga bagay na may control sila

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MMDA ----

Pampagulo lang ng sa metro manila, since nung naki-alam na sila sa traffic.. sila lang ang nagpapa-trapik sa NCR
    Original designation ng dept na ito is flood control,
    dapat drenching ang ginagawa nila sa mga sewage..

kaya di na kataka-taka na lumulubog ang NCR, di na rin kataka-taka kung bakit dumami ang mga barumbado sa daan,
    di na rin kataka-taka dahil tumaas ang krimen sa kalsada. at lumakas ang kotong..

PNP TMG at PNP HPG ang dapat humawak sa NCR, dahil sa ibang lugar sa pinas. yang dalawa ang humahawak sa traffic

dahil PNP naman ang "DAPAT" humawak sa mga traffic. HINDI ang MMDA.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i remember before when the PNP was helping in controlling bramubado PUB/PUJ drivers along EDSA, takot mga divers and they follow the directions of the traffic police. ngayon, binabalewala lang mga MMDA boys. sana ibalik ulit PNP sa pag traffic sa edsa and C%, increased police visibility pa.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    MMDA ----

Pampagulo lang ng sa metro manila, since nung naki-alam na sila sa traffic.. sila lang ang nagpapa-trapik sa NCR
    Original designation ng dept na ito is flood control,
    dapat drenching ang ginagawa nila sa mga sewage..

kaya di na kataka-taka na lumulubog ang NCR, di na rin kataka-taka kung bakit dumami ang mga barumbado sa daan,
    di na rin kataka-taka dahil tumaas ang krimen sa kalsada. at lumakas ang kotong..

PNP TMG at PNP HPG ang dapat humawak sa NCR, dahil sa ibang lugar sa pinas. yang dalawa ang humahawak sa traffic

dahil PNP naman ang "DAPAT" humawak sa mga traffic. HINDI ang MMDA.

nope local lgu traffic enforcer- pnp hpg and tmg - only comes in if there is a felony committed such as reckless imprudence resulting to ___ or checkpoints

why not the pnp? scarcity of manpower- i would rather let them do rounds than put them in traffic- one eg. is bgc- despite the military base and pnp base they only have 10 active policeman in the entire city, alabang/muntinlupa has 8 for the entire city, makati has 20 for the entire city.- flores gang knows this hence such daring heist

hence there are force multipliers such as the hated mapsa, ted, barangay tanods and whatever you call them
    (more or less)

imagine only one policeman serving a warrant of arrest to a murder suspect in a heavily infested criminal den- sometimes the barangay tanod helps the policeman(single) but if that murder suspect is a kamag-anak bye bye force multiplier- that's the truth boys and gals, what you see in t.v. is not what's really happening.

hence we have the mmda - former gov. of manila

and private security for private leased bgc and ayala-makati supermart controlled lands, and filinvest roving guards.

do your part. ako pag may nakikita akong driver na mabilis magpatakbo, i call the attention of the traffic enforcer- and tell them reckless driving- over the speed limit etc or busted tail light or tabingi yung sasakyan... done this in makati, forbes, slex, nlex, alabang- all responded and halted the vehicle in question.

as for floods- 1991 lgu dwells in decentralization of power, giving lgu too much power hence the old ancient riparian laws (laws of waters and land in it's natural state, eg. bawal tambakan yung mga creeks or water paths some are even converted into pala-isdaan)though still enforce is not actually followed thanks to the local lgu
    Last edited by victorevolution; September 30th, 2014 at 12:59 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gerald_g View Post
    He has been in office since July 2010 but we have not seen significant improvement in the traffic in metro manila.

I know that traffic is not the only issue he is working on, and that the solution to the problem should be a collaboration of other govt agencies, local and national govts. However, the traffic and transport problem in MM has worsened as years passed.

Should we have a new MMDA chair or are you satisfied of Tolentino's performance?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Tripa de Gallina is a critical waterway that evacuates floodwaters from Bangkal, San Isidro and Pio del Pilar in Makati, and San Roque and M dela Cruz in Pasay City. Up to now, there are still squatters who constructed shanties in the middle of the creek thus building up sediments and raw sewage that deposit to nearby areas whenever the banks overflow due to severe constriction.

Late last year, the Makati side demolished the structures on their side of the creek and thankfully completed. The Pasay side began demolition early this year but remains incomplete. There are still people living precariously on the concrete banks of the creek, and on the Bangkal-Protacio bridge itself, and the debris of demolition still litter the creek rendering it still unserviceable.

Flooding is still a certainty in our areas, thus MMDA failed in its obligation as the proper coordinating agency to fast track such projects. And this is happening everywhere in the Metro. For me, it's fair that he should go. Four years is more than enough to have exhausted all possible ideas from the man. Time to make room for another with more relevant visioning Metro Manila moving forward, and, more importantly, getting it done.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MMDA mismo hindi ok, so pati chairman hindi rin ok.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    No he is not. The city is in a worse state than when I first moved to Manila a couple of years ago. Heck, he couldn't even get new infrastructure done to solve the traffic problems of Tagaytay what more a major city like Metro Manila?

I heard him over the radio yesterday. He sounded like a traditional politician and never answered the questions in a direct manner and evaded the heart of the matter. I don't think he has authority since other agencies seem to never coordinate with the MMDA.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    No he is not. The city is in a worse state than when I first moved to Manila a couple of years ago. Heck, he couldn't even get new infrastructure done to solve the traffic problems of Tagaytay what more a major city like Metro Manila?

I heard him over the radio yesterday. He sounded like a traditional politician and never answered the questions in a direct manner and evaded the heart of the matter. I don't think he has authority since other agencies seem to never coordinate with the MMDA.
    this make sense

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Iba naman ang volume ng sasakyan noon kumpara sa bilang ng mga sasakyan ngayon pati attitude ng mga driver mas tarantado na ngayon. nagsulputan din mga malalaking department stores. kaya nga hindi na ako lumuluwas ng manila mabubuwisit lang ako sa init, ingay ng mga busina, trapik.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Dapat kasi expert ang i-appoint jan, hindi politician

How about Sec. Abaya? Is he doing a good job? nyehehehe!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino doing a good job?