New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    The simple solution would be more trains and the management of metro manila bus lines. I dont see the chinese trains being a problem.

Decentralization could work but there are many areas outside of luzon which already experience grid lock traffic on a daily basis.
    Yes, I agree that more trains and a better bus system are simple, doable solutions.

The trains are on their way, delayed, but on the way. Hopefully, the extension projects of the MRT and LRT commence construction as well. During construction, traffic will inevitably worsen, but after 5-10 years, it should bring greater convenience to the commuting public.

The DOTC already has plans to phase out old buses and to consolidate bus operations to a single franchisee, ideally government-run. Unfortunately, a major problem is that these franchises do not expire all at the same time, so the plan will really take several years to implement.

I'm hoping that whoever sits on the iron throne come May 2016 will continue these efforts and expedite them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Jut for the win Manila to be uninhabitable in 4 years if traffic chaos not resolved🏻Manila to be uninhabitable in 4 years if traffic chaos not resolved🏻Manila to be uninhabitable in 4 years if traffic chaos not resolved🏻

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    leave manila! that place is hell

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yes, I agree that more trains and a better bus system are simple, doable solutions.

The trains are on their way, delayed, but on the way. Hopefully, the extension projects of the MRT and LRT commence construction as well. During construction, traffic will inevitably worsen, but after 5-10 years, it should bring greater convenience to the commuting public.

The DOTC already has plans to phase out old buses and to consolidate bus operations to a single franchisee, ideally government-run. Unfortunately, a major problem is that these franchises do not expire all at the same time, so the plan will really take several years to implement.

I'm hoping that whoever sits on the iron throne come May 2016 will continue these efforts and expedite them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cities are not built in a day, they also cant be fixed in a day. Metro Manila now is where New York was in the early 1900s. Burgeoning growth has strained the infrastructures whilst skyscrapers are being built left and right with a booming economy. Of course, we know NY decided to drill through their extremely hard soil (adobe?) to build the subway system. An above ground railway system would reduce land values all around. Manila has to something drastic and innovative in order to improve the traffic system.

Innovation is also where the current administration is lacking. Yes, they have good governance and we have experienced stable economic growth up to the middle class. I havent heard of any mega infrastructure projects from this administration. The airport ideas come from private companies. The expressway to Baguio was planned a long time ago. If the government was a company, it would be blackberry.

Honestly, none of the 4 presidential candidates seem to have the eye for innovation. All of them seem to want to be president to be president. I honestly wish Gibo or Villar would run again.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ako gusto ko yan chaos in the streets, efficient millenials plus chaos in the streets, sobra dami business ko naiisip hehe

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    Makati to Pasig, 2 hours? Lupet nun ah.... Mga 8 kms lang yun diba?
    Makati to Las Pinas ako, 2.5 hrs.... around 25 kms, if via coastal road. 1.5 hrs, via skyway (puro shortcut pa yun ha...)
    Exactly the reason why i took a 30% pay cut. left my job in Makati CBD and took a job closer to home. Now my average commute is 30 mins to and from work. Roxas blvd to zapote 15 minutes max. 15 minutes more from zapote to RFC (approx 2kms) going home around 3pm Manila to be uninhabitable in 4 years if traffic chaos not resolved

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Luap View Post
    Exactly the reason why i took a 30% pay cut. left my job in Makati CBD and took a job closer to home. Now my average commute is 30 mins to and from work. Roxas blvd to zapote 15 minutes max. 15 minutes more from zapote to RFC (approx 2kms) going home around 3pm Manila to be uninhabitable in 4 years if traffic chaos not resolved
    kung wala bayarin, gagawin ko rin yan

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    Makati to Pasig, 2 hours? Lupet nun ah.... Mga 8 kms lang yun diba?
    Makati to Las Pinas ako, 2.5 hrs.... around 25 kms, if via coastal road. 1.5 hrs, via skyway (puro shortcut pa yun ha...)
    12km drive. Correction, 2 hours pala from clock-out sa office hanggang pagpasok sa bahay. But on bad days, 2 hours just for the drive itself.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    kaya lumakas ang benta ng ABS tv plus!

here in Laguna (San Pedro / Sta Rosa / Cabuyao), rice and sugarcane fields have been converted into industrial parks. good and bad

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Cities are not built in a day, they also cant be fixed in a day. Metro Manila now is where New York was in the early 1900s. Burgeoning growth has strained the infrastructures whilst skyscrapers are being built left and right with a booming economy. Of course, we know NY decided to drill through their extremely hard soil (adobe?) to build the subway system. An above ground railway system would reduce land values all around. Manila has to something drastic and innovative in order to improve the traffic system.

Innovation is also where the current administration is lacking. Yes, they have good governance and we have experienced stable economic growth up to the middle class. I havent heard of any mega infrastructure projects from this administration. The airport ideas come from private companies. The expressway to Baguio was planned a long time ago. If the government was a company, it would be blackberry.

Honestly, none of the 4 presidential candidates seem to have the eye for innovation. All of them seem to want to be president to be president. I honestly wish Gibo or Villar would run again.
    The problem is that parts are so overbuilt that any new transportation alternatives will be hard to implement.

Decongestion is the only viable solution. I doubt fuel prices will stay low, but while they are, perhaps there are those businesses that can take advantage of them and set up shop further out from the city.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast