New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    A government official (I think) mentioned on TV that they are proposing to the LTO to make dash cams a requirement when registering a vehicle (the interview was related to the adventure and motorcycle recent accident)

I want a dash cam for myself and I'd be forced to spend on one if this is implemented. I've been postponing my purchase since I find the entry USD80-100 price expensive. I don't wanna buy a cam that is cheap since my car has dark tint.

I wonder if they can implement this with PUVs such as Jeepneys and motorcycles (helmet cam), And how will private vehicle owners react.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    May dalawang dashcam na ko for my 2 other cars, yung dalawa wala pa. Sjcam 4000k wifi.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yes please po

4. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I wonder if they can implement this with PUVs such as Jeepneys and motorcycles (helmet cam), And how will private vehicle owners react.
    how about the padyak and tri-cycle?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ok sana, kaso practicality mahirap implement yan. gagawin lang ng jeepney drivers eh magkakabit ng dashcam pag magrerehistro na, or pag mahuhuli na. at i bet most of the time eh hindi nagrerecord ang mga dashcam nila. at sana wag lang maging money making scheme ito.

dapat eh yung gusto talaga magkabit ng motorist ng dashcam at hindi yung mapipilitan lang. how about government subsidizing sa presyo ng dashcam para ma-engganyo ang karamihan magkabit.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    If they're going to implement anything mandatory, I would hope that all license renewal are required to retake exams, road rules and practical exam, and revoke the license if you fail.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    maganda sana pag mandatory kaso papaano implementation

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    :cool:

James Deakin is also proposing this

Iba kase ang kilos ng tao pag alam nilang naka video sila

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    For what ? Another stupid goverment official recommendation. My recommendation is fire that goverment official as likelihood he/she has connection with dash cam supplier.
    Last edited by macsd; February 17th, 2016 at 08:48 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Given how cheap dashcams are nowadays, not difficult to implement. You can buy a POS dashcam for just 1.5k.

If they don't keep them on, their problem... if you have no dashcam recording of any incident you're involved in, that can be added as a violation on your part, to the tune of another 2k.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast