New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2015
    Guys I have some questions:

First time doing the registration of my car. Previously it was free 3 years registration from the dealer.

My car Plate ends at 8.
    OR/CR shows car is registered on Apr.

During the registration, I was told I need to pay some penalty since the OR/CR shows my car is registered in April but my plate ends with 8. Was asked if I was given a blue receipt when the car plate was pass to us by the dealer 3 years ago. Since it was 3 years ago, i couldnt recall it. Was told if i can produce that, they will be no late fees.

How true is this? Anyone experience this before?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Your OR is the blue receipt.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Your OR is the blue receipt.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    thanks.

so if i cant show the OR, does it warrant a penalty?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Wow! What a way they like you to pay more.

I don't think you should have any penalties to pay. All I know, regardless of the date, the vehicle was first registered. The law stated, that your renewal vehicle registration, corresponds to what number your plates end, annually. And not to what month your vehicle was first registered.
    Quote Originally Posted by ch_an View Post
    Guys I have some questions:

First time doing the registration of my car. Previously it was free 3 years registration from the dealer.

My car Plate ends at 8.
    OR/CR shows car is registered on Apr.

During the registration, I was told I need to pay some penalty since the OR/CR shows my car is registered in April but my plate ends with 8. Was asked if I was given a blue receipt when the car plate was pass to us by the dealer 3 years ago. Since it was 3 years ago, i couldnt recall it. Was told if i can produce that, they will be no late fees.

How true is this? Anyone experience this before?
    Sent from my 5015E using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    you will be charged pro rata.
    you will be charged the usual one year LTO registration fee, plus 50% more, corresponding to the 6 months between april and october.
    that's all, sir.
    the OR? they're computerized already. but having a xerox should make it easier.
    bring xerox of the CR, also.
    and have a set of EWDs. baka hanapin.

6. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you will be charged pro rata.
    you will be charged the usual one year LTO registration fee, plus 50% more, corresponding to the 6 months between april and october.
    that's all, sir.
    the OR? they're computerized already. but having a xerox should make it easier.
    bring xerox of the CR, also.
    and have a set of EWDs. baka hanapin.
    This make sense if i will be charge pro rated for the LTO Registration Fee.

The officer said this was a common issue that they encounter specially cars which are due for renewal after the free 3 years LTO registration given by the dealer. Supposed this pro-rated payment was settled by the dealer before getting and passing the plates but they hardly do and let the owner find out after 3 years.

Anyway, its good to know.

Thank you so much Sir.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    For those who haven't gotten their plates yet, do you already know what your plate # is? I had the worst luck , my conduction # ends with the same number as my other car LTO car registration and late registration fees

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ch_an View Post
    This make sense if i will be charge pro rated for the LTO Registration Fee.

The officer said this was a common issue that they encounter specially cars which are due for renewal after the free 3 years LTO registration given by the dealer. Supposed this pro-rated payment was settled by the dealer before getting and passing the plates but they hardly do and let the owner find out after 3 years.

Anyway, its good to know.

Thank you so much Sir.
    Baliktad naman nangyari sakin. OR/CR was released December pero my plate ends in 7. Binawas nila ang butal na months so I paid a bit less than usual. May nakalagay pang "MV out of order" sa OR ko.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fleas2016 View Post
    For those who haven't gotten their plates yet, do you already know what your plate # is? I had the worst luck , my conduction # ends with the same number as my other car LTO car registration and late registration fees

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Have the same problem. My dealer told me my OR/CR is already available but no license plate number has been assigned.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ang bilis ko kahapon mag pa rehistro ng truck namin. mga 10 minuto lang ata kasi parang ghost town kahapon ang lto. pati iyong dating mga nag stestencil ng mga makina, nagulat sa bilis ng proseso