New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    yes, pero may mga places na wala nang emission test only.. pinasara na nila.. so wala ka choice but to go don sa PMVIC..
    LTO do not care where one gets one's emissions testing done.

i do not know about their reasons for closing a testing facility, but probably it ain't because they want the PMVIC to lord it over.

pinasara yung ibang emissions testing facilities, because, someone informed me, of certain irregularities in their activities.
    "...emissions test on a car whose engine was turned off during the alleged test", for one...
    i was a silent partner of one such activity.
    that testing facility is closed now.
    another emissions testing facility near the workplace is still full to the rafters in costumers. palaging pila. arriving there at 9 am, pinapabalik ako the next day.
    that's why i hied over to the PMVIC. dun kasi, walang pila, even as i had to spend 100++ bucks more.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 27th, 2022 at 09:25 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Anyone tried buying CTPL thru GCash? I tried and chose BPI MS but at the confirmation page, it showed my name, instead of my wife's which I entered into the form as she is the car owner so I hesitated to continue. Is this normal and the CTPL will really be issued in my wife's name? I hate to lose 590 kesos.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hindi ba humingi nang copy nang OR/CR?

sa ctpl.ph kasi they ask for copy of OR/CR and they put the name of the CTPL kung ano name sa CR.. and you can also pay via gcash or bank transfer.. pero it's 600+

Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Anyone tried buying CTPL thru GCash? I tried and chose BPI MS but at the confirmation page, it showed my name, instead of my wife's which I entered into the form as she is the car owner so I hesitated to continue. Is this normal and the CTPL will really be issued in my wife's name? I hate to lose 590 kesos.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Hindi ba humingi nang copy nang OR/CR?

sa ctpl.ph kasi they ask for copy of OR/CR and they put the name of the CTPL kung ano name sa CR.. and you can also pay via gcash or bank transfer.. pero it's 600+
    Input lang ng details from the OR/CR, I don't know if hihingi pa ng e-copy after I confirm, did not continue na kasi. But imo, there's no need for them to get a copy of the OR/CR kasi if false ang details, the buyer is on the losing end.

Silipin ko nga yang ctpl.ph, ngayon ko lang nalaman yan, thanks.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last year i tried getting a ctpl Sa i-choose since malapit lang ang ofc nila. Ok naman kasi nilakad ko lang from our village tapos relatively hassle free.

In less than an hour tapos na, may pang kfc o Greenwich pa. LTO car registration and late registration fees iyon kasi ang mga nakabungad sa iyo pag baba mo ng footbridge coming from their ofc.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sa ctpl.ph they will just email the policy after you pay.. print lang then diretso na LTO..

Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Last year i tried getting a ctpl Sa i-choose since malapit lang ang ofc nila. Ok naman kasi nilakad ko lang from our village tapos relatively hassle free.

In less than an hour tapos na, may pang kfc o Greenwich pa. LTO car registration and late registration fees iyon kasi ang mga nakabungad sa iyo pag baba mo ng footbridge coming from their ofc.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Saan dun? Bago ba dumating sa store na katabi ng Yellow Cab? I can see sa Google maps na may car wash. Around sa area na yun ba?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Sa harap ng Robinson, SMILE emission. Yung experience ko last year pa, sinubukan ko ulit, may pila na at may cut off na rin.

Dito na ako nag pa emission, sa tabi ng LANDERS daang hari. Dun sa mismong Phoenix gas station.

Papunta ako EVIA and nakita ko lang sya, sinubukan ko lang. PMVIC sya pero pwede emission lang. 4:30 na ako dumating, pwede pa at ako lang tao. May waiting area pa aircon.

If you can see on the picture, meron na rin LTO Las Pinas extesion sa tabi. For car registration lang and online payment lang tinatanggap (pwede GCash).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    Sa harap ng Robinson, SMILE emission. Yung experience ko last year pa, sinubukan ko ulit, may pila na at may cut off na rin.
    the daily maximum is dictated by the LTO.
    this is determined by their calculation as to how fast a good testing procedure is accomplished.
    there's a max for gas, and there's a max for diesel.

the trick is, to find a testing facility that's not too popular.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Tinamad na ako magpa rehistro, pinalakad ko na lang sa Emissions, kasi after a quick calculation, estimate ko 700 lang ang service fee

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the daily maximum is dictated by the LTO.
    this is determined by their calculation as to how fast a good testing procedure is accomplished.
    there's a max for gas, and there's a max for diesel.

the trick is, to find a testing facility that's not too popular.

Sa emissions ko kanina, I noticed that stated limit also.
    It's 10 min. for gas and 15 mins. for diesel.

Nag-start sila ng 6:00am, and mahaba na rin ang pila.
    I was there before that pero 7:30am na rin ako na-test.
    Sa kanila na rin ako kumuha CTPL.