New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Mamamatay nalang tayo na hindi natin mararanasan ang kagandahan ng kalye sa pilipinas, yong walang traffic, may mgandang kalsada, with proper markings and signs, at mga disiplinadong drivers. At higit sa lahat matinong pulitiko with strong will para mapaayos ang lipunan.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Wala na yatang nangyari sa panukala na ito

Mukhang di kaya ni Mr. Suansing

Almost everyday we had traffic at all Bus stations in EDSA, kahit rush hour and early morning we can see buses na walang laman at ayaw umalis sa mga bus stations.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Wala na yatang nangyari sa panukala na ito

Mukhang di kaya ni Mr. Suansing

Almost everyday we had traffic at all Bus stations in EDSA, kahit rush hour and early morning we can see buses na walang laman at ayaw umalis sa mga bus stations.
    lack of political will.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just the other night at past 9pm it was slow traffic from Guadalupe bridge to Shaw because of all the busses clogging the lanes. After Shaw it took me only a minute or two to get to White Plains. AMP.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sirs,

I usually pass by Guadalupe EDSA and Boni-Pioneer EDSA going to and from Ortigas and I know why there's congestion despite the bus lanes/partitions erected by MMDA. Private vehicles are supposed to use three lanes and two lanes for the buses. What happens is that those buses in the second bus lane (from the rightmost) SWERVE haphazardly to the left lane (private vehicle lane- third), forcing private cars to either slow down or veer to the left (second lane from the innermost private lane). Now, those in the second private lane will in turn shift to the innermost lane, slowing down those using the same lane. Private cars are now "scared" to stay on the lane beside the bus lane for fear of being hit by a swerving bus. This is true in the Guadalupe EDSA section going to Makati.

Now, what pisses me off is the inutility of the pink fences installed by MMDA near MRT Boni (direction going to the north). Buses pick and unload passengers in the corner of Pioneer and EDSA, NOT in the designated bus stop. Again, private vehicles won't stay on the lane beside the bus lane on account of swerving buses. Thus, instead of a three-lane road for private vehicles, it's effectively now reduced to two.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    ^My take, is let them protest all they want --- but its about time the streets were made safer from these rolling coffins we'd like to call buses.

They seem to forget that their very business is a mere privilege granted by the state and not demandable by right.
    i agree.

pero yung buses i don't think theyre rolling coffins.. more like death bringer/shinigami.. ang rolling coffins for me yung mga barumbadong nagmomotor sa mga highway like edsa, c5, floodway, etc. etc. na feeling nya video game simulation lang ang buhay nya. :D

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It's hard to have political will when the higher ups are breathing down on you because bus companies bribed them millions. We should let Bayani Fernando handle LTFRB.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    It's hard to have political will when the higher ups are breathing down on you because bus companies bribed them millions. We should let Bayani Fernando handle LTFRB.
    Bayani seems to be doing nothing about the rampant kotongan happening with his Men in Blue, that doesn't look like a good sign on how he'll handle the pressure of the bus companies.

BF was good during the turn of the century, but recently his plans seem to lack the proper planning. Either kulang sa IQ yung mga taga-plano o hindi talaga nila siniseryoso yung issue, basta masabing may ginawa, pwede na.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruto View Post
    i agree.

pero yung buses i don't think theyre rolling coffins.. more like death bringer/shinigami.. ang rolling coffins for me yung mga barumbadong nagmomotor sa mga highway like edsa, c5, floodway, etc. etc. na feeling nya video game simulation lang ang buhay nya. :D
    WANGAN ang puts haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    actually the hed of the LTFRB have a clean record
    But I'm still waiting for the deduction of buses, and its still not happenin

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Bayani seems to be doing nothing about the rampant kotongan happening with his Men in Blue, that doesn't look like a good sign on how he'll handle the pressure of the bus companies.

BF was good during the turn of the century, but recently his plans seem to lack the proper planning. Either kulang sa IQ yung mga taga-plano o hindi talaga nila siniseryoso yung issue, basta masabing may ginawa, pwede na.
    yeah, but then again maybe he is turning corrupt

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
LTFRB to reduce buses in EDSA by 1,000