New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^Dapat sa digong thread to with matching count up of his days as president.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    yehey, sabi ko sa inyo si my President is also here in tsikot feeling ko lang kasi parang dinidinig ang dasal ko.

grabe ang ginawang traffic ng uv express sa metro, they're basically jeepneys with aircon na kung saan saan nag-baba at sakay. UV express drivers also astang jeepney drivers

-

i hope duterte chooses the van model solely for uv express para may uniformity. like the Hiace or the new urvan na lang. walang crosswind, tamaraw, adventure, or even L300FB or any FB cars.

parang kasing free for all di mo madetermine kung official or colorum and also those smaller uvs carry less passengers so inefficient unlike the commuters / urvan, up to 17 seater

dapat point to point ang uv express. maybe it's the aircon buses that complained against them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    So you lessen the ways of moving people from one point to another.

As a commuter, how does this make my life easier?

At the end of the day, private cars naman talaga nagpapasikip ng EDSA. One bus occupies the space of 3 cars. The 3 cars will have an average of 5 people on board in total. The bus will have 50.

Of course, private car owners will complain that they only bring cars because commuting is so inconvenient. So the real solution to alleviate traffic is to make commuting more convenient.

The P2P bus system was a very good idea implemented by the previous DOTC admin. They should expand it more and have better awareness campaigns (initial reports showed low ridership).

Of course there's also the long-standing problem of insufficient MRT capacity. I haven't heard from the current admin their plans on how to get more trains running at the soonest possible time.

I'm in awe at the support the current admin gets from its constituents. I'm also impressed with how quickly people follow when Duterte says something needs to be done. I do hope though that he sets the right gears in motion to solve the traffic woes in Metro Manila.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    I know of several people like myself who take the UV express going to work instead of bringing their own vehicle. It's the closest thing to riding a private car (considering comfort and price) that's why it entices car owners to take it instead. Imagine if these people would now decide to just bring their car to work because of this.

Tapatalked

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    One of my uncles does the same. Lives in QC and rides a shuttle to his work along Shaw. He only brings his car once or twice a week if may lakad afterwards. If they restrict modes of transpo, how do they deal with the displaced commuters?

Either there's something missing in the reports, or the people running the show just didn't think this through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    uv express is good pag uniform hiace or nv350 vans. pero yun iba dapat tsnggalin na coz it really is colorum

kaya lang you're all barkig on the wrong tree blaming private cars hehe, mga airpcn edsa buses directly affected by the UV expresses, malamang sila talaga may pakana nyan lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Eradicate first those parked on streets that would serve as alternate routes. Walang kang garahe wag mag sasakyan same sa informal settlers - sobra na lala nila naka squat na nga may mga kariton, motor and even sasakyan pa.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I agree that the kind of vehicle to be used for UV express must be uniform (seating capacity of 18 [seating config must be 2nd and 3rd row must be facing the front windshield, and the back has seats at the sides of the van]; in short, a van. except L300FB, IPV, Hilux FX, and the like)

kasi, yung van is almost equivalent na to 2 Crosswinds or 2 Adventures or any kind of 2-10 seater AUVs. disadvantage lang yung maraming stops kasi the van carries more passengers at hindi mabilis mapuno ang van.

I too, sometimes rides UV express going in the Ortigas Center area and I only bring my car kung may lakad before or after work, or in a rush.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    i thought the story was, sa lahat ng prankisa ng UV, wala ni isang route na legit dumadaan talaga dapat sa EDSA (nabasa ko lang). Pero dumadaan pa rin sila. so this is just to enforce that. not 100% sure though. Do correct if Im wrong.

pero bwisit ako jan sa mga UV, commuter, private car owner, or pedestrian man ako, w/c I can be any day of the week. Yan ang #1 hindi nagpapatawid sa mga pedxing, worse offenders and aggressive mag maneho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast