New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Although I have an axe to grind against the ill-discipline of a lot of these UV Ex drivers, i think such moves won't help traffic too much as they will take side roads and bring their bad habits with them there. Couple that with road obstructions and poor traffic management on the side roads and you'll have more gridlock.

I still think regulating and enforcing discipline on EDSA (especially on bus drivers) will make things better.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    i thought the story was, sa lahat ng prankisa ng UV, wala ni isang route na legit dumadaan talaga dapat sa EDSA (nabasa ko lang). Pero dumadaan pa rin sila. so this is just to enforce that. not 100% sure though. Do correct if Im wrong.

pero bwisit ako jan sa mga UV, commuter, private car owner, or pedestrian man ako, w/c I can be any day of the week. Yan ang #1 hindi nagpapatawid sa mga pedxing, worse offenders and aggressive mag maneho.
    May UV Express from North Ave byaheng Megamall. Mostly EDSA ang daan. Rode it a few times before. More expensive than the MRT (30 ang pasahe) but more convenient since Megamall is between Ortigas and Shaw stations so medyo malayo lakad, pag sa UV Express dun ka na mismo ibababa.

Yung UV Express from Sucat to Makati and vice versa, dumadaan din ng EDSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    dapat talaga uv express hiace or nissan urvan na lang ang uv express para maganda tignan at dali identify. pero siguro direct kalaban nila aircon buses kasi muka din sila bus

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    very strange, this new policy.
    banning buses from edsa will be more effective in... whatever it is they want effected.
    they see the motor vehicle as the problem.. looking too closely that one can't see the forest for the trees anymore.
    heh heh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, the usual culprits that accompany my morning drive are nowhere to be seen. Good for me actually as indeed there are less mofos cutting the line and slowing things down at the choke points. I wonder if they still have their DU30 stickers stuck on (a lot of the UVEx vans have these stickos).

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Since this was implemented, I've learned a couple of alternative routes to Makati CBD.

Pwede na daw ulit ang uvx sa edsa. Although some still choose to avoid it.

Tapatalked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12