New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ward_23 View Post
    what the ????.... pati clear plate protection bawal na din...

actually sir..matagal na yan..hindi lang ganun iniimplement...

kapag hinanapan ka ng butas ng manghuhuli sayo..pwede nyang gawing violation yan...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    others opinion may vary regarding this matter but as long as it is utilize for its purpose i dont see any wrongdoings w/ it...

21. Improper display of a motor vehicle permanent plate 500.00

it is clearly stated "Improper display" means a lot of things:
    1) plate not placed properly - tilted downward, using aesthetic plates infront of the orig plate
    2) plate not covered properly - using those smoked/shaded dark colored protector
    3) plates w/ obscured markings - faded letters &/or numbers
    4) plates w/ a lot of decorative stickers - others intentionally hides the last number to avoid coding scheme

for me, i will still use a Clear Protector/Cover on my plate because for me...it is simply use for Protection of my Plate and not for anything else...even if i have to be flagged down by a kotong cops, ill take my chances...

its for me only, im not speaking for everybody, cheers!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a covered plate is a covered plate. it is simply illegal. why? because even with colorless, clear covers, a number plate will be difficult to read at certain angles, compared to a non-covered plate, especially at night!
    and in my opinion, a non-covered plate looks better anyway than a covered plate. anytime.
    admit it: those who cover their number plates, have something to hide..
    to those who have been caught, count the times you got away with it.
    and to those who haven't been caught yet... count your blessings.
    so why is there confusion on the matter? because leadership and decisiveness are lacking.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 10th, 2010 at 02:31 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by armscor40 View Post
    others opinion may vary regarding this matter but as long as it is utilize for its purpose i dont see any wrongdoings w/ it...

21. Improper display of a motor vehicle permanent plate 500.00

it is clearly stated "Improper display" means a lot of things:
    1) plate not placed properly - tilted downward, using aesthetic plates infront of the orig plate
    2) plate not covered properly - using those smoked/shaded dark colored protector
    3) plates w/ obscured markings - faded letters &/or numbers
    4) plates w/ a lot of decorative stickers - others intentionally hides the last number to avoid coding scheme

for me, i will still use a Clear Protector/Cover on my plate because for me...it is simply use for Protection of my Plate and not for anything else...even if i have to be flagged down by a kotong cops, ill take my chances...

its for me only, im not speaking for everybody, cheers!
    I would say the word IMPROPER is so Gray and Too huge to explain...dito papasok yung .. your Opinion of Being Proper and Being IMPROPER sa paningin nung manghuhuli

But try to view your plate at night and then use a flashlight but don't hit the plate directly...with the clear plate on it..your the plate wont reflect..

for me..the ability of the plate to reflect on minimal light is adding additional safety for motorists especially at night..

but its up to you sir... sayo naman yung sasakyan at ikaw din naman tutubos nyan kung sakali

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    admit it: those who cover their number plates, have something to hide..
    to this view, i disagree how can other/s hide something when what they're/im using is a Clear, Colorless Plastic Lens, i wonder how?

to those who have been caught, count the times you got away with it
    this i cant verify myself because currently i still see a lot of protective lens out there specially in most brand new cars.

and to those who haven't been caught yet... count your blessings
    as i mentioned i was adviced once but didnt charged, i guess i should be thankful for all the years of blessings...take note also: that i've been using this accessories ever since 2001 in all my rides bought & sold w/ no apprehension up to this date.

so why is there confusion on the matter? because leadership and decisiveness are lacking.
    definitely true, if the government is keen on strictly implementing this (old but not properly observed) law, they should start w/ the makers/manufacturer of this industry, as the saying goes "no product to make, no market to push, no consumers to buy".

But try to view your plate at night and then use a flashlight but don't hit the plate directly...with the clear plate on it..your the plate wont reflect..
    its not only the plate that we have to consider when describing a certain vehicle di ba? what about the make, model, color, distinguishing marks...
    why give yourself a hard time viewing the plate at an angle when you can always see it in front & at the back.

IMHO lang po!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ang masasabi ko lang po sa issue na to, KATANGAHAN na lang ng law natin yan, bakit ipagbabawal ang clear plate cover? dapat nga magpasalamat pa sila dahil ini-ingatan mo ang plaka mo eh, tapos bawal, e mas madali ngang mag-fade ang plaka pag laging napupunasan, gumagawa lang sila ng dagdag na violation para mas marami ang makotongan nila, umisip na lang sila ng ibang law na mas mapapakinabangan natin, ano ang rationale dito? araw o gabi o kahit umuulan makikita pa din ang plaka natin kahit may clear plate cover, kung sino man ang kokontra dito kailangan na lang sigurong magpapalit ng bagong mata o baka walang 1000th para makabili ng deflector kaya kinokontra ito hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hehehe puso mo bro, pero you got a point there, kasi iba ang purpose ng clear cover unlike sa mga tinted plate cover

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    The only reason I got a clear plate cover for my car is when I was without it I sometimes see my plate get bent. Most probably hit by people walking by specially on tight parking spaces. I think this shouldn't be a violation as long as it is a clear pane. I disagree with the tinted covers though.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    mga sir napag usapan na naman din ang violation and laws..ask ko lang kung may violation ba if at night you don't have light on you plate number?tnx....

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hyblaxx_24 View Post
    mga sir napag usapan na naman din ang violation and laws..ask ko lang kung may violation ba if at night you don't have light on you plate number?tnx....
    required na mayroon plate light sa likod

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
License plate cover, is it illegal?