New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    peeps im just wondering if its true na pati yung clear license plate cover eh pinagbabawal na din? and from what I heard me fine daw na php2,500

I know yung mga tinted plate cover eh obviosuly may obscure the full identification of the plate... but from what i heard parang nilalahat na daw nila???

nag google naman ako kung talagang me batas dito... pero ala naman akong makita... if you could tag me some information it will be very much appreciated...

madali kasing siklatin ang plate number lalo na kapag walang protection ito, like sa parking lot kahit hindi sinasadya masabit ito ng naglalakad or dumadaan, pwede syang makupi or ma fold, mula sa dulo hanggang dun sa tornilyo.. i mean once ka lang ma issue ng plate(its your car ID) you might as well put protection on it..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I recently bought a clear plate protector... pati daw kasi yun hinuhuli na... gusto ko lang malinawan ang issue tungkol dito...

nakakalito na din ang batas sa kalsada minsan, sa coding lang sa makati mandaluyong iba ang batas nila.. sa maynila iba din.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Violations in Connection with Number of Plates

18. Motor Vehicle number plates not firmly attached
    Fines:Php200.00
    19. Obscure plates
    Fines:Php200.00
    20. License plates different from body number on Public Utility MV
    Fines:Php500.00
    21. Improper display of a motor vehicle permanent plate
    Fines:Php500.00
    22. Display/Use of an expired commemorative plates or stickers
    Fines:Php2,000.00
    23. tampered/ marked plates or stickers
    Fines:Php2,000.00
    24. Illegal transfer or use of MV regularly issued MV plates, tags or stickers except security plates on authorized Motor Vehicle
    - Owners/Operators are conclusively presumed to have
    Committed the illegal transfer.
    - Drivers of MV involved in illegal transfer of plates, sticker
    shall suffer the suspension of their Driver’s License for
    three (3) months
    - if the MV with illegal transferred plates or stickers in used
    In the commissions of a crime, its owner shall suffer the penalty
    of 12,000.00 fine and suspension of plates and registration
    certificate and Official Receipt for two (2) years
    Fines:Php10,000.00
    36. Use of unauthorized improvised plates Fines:Php300.00

From this link:
    http://www.lto.gov.ph/fines.html
    Last edited by xda2jojo; August 27th, 2010 at 02:11 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    pano yung plate na pininturahan para luminis tapos inayos yung kulay ng plate letter & number? illegal pa rin? anong gusto nila? di nila mabasa o malinaw?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by devond View Post
    pano yung plate na pininturahan para luminis tapos inayos yung kulay ng plate letter & number? illegal pa rin? anong gusto nila? di nila mabasa o malinaw?
    tampered plate ang tawag dito.

kahit na ni-restore ng owner ang plates. considered tampered pa rin.

tampered plates are illegal.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    iba iba ang batas at fine depende kung sino ang makahuli sayo at kung saan ka mhuli. there is no standard fine or laws regarding this.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    from my point of view, plate cover is not illegal as long as you're using a Clear Coated Cover, i believe we can justify that to any law enforcer out there try to make a bucks out of us...

illegal are those using cover w/ black, blue & smoked shades - obscuring the real view of the whole plate..kulang na lang itago na lang plaka nila.

two years ago, one incident at SCTEX where i caught overspeeding on the camera, the patrol crew told me that they cant see the clear view of my plate becoz at that time i was using blue smoked cover (malabo daw po sa camera) adding that it was prohibited but it was not included in the charge sheet nag-reason pa naman ako na i have been using it for three years at siya pa lang sumita sa akin politely hehe, they just get the model, color and conduction sticker number instead...after that hindi naman po ako nahuli ulit, hehe

besides whats the use of obscured plate cover if we dont hide anything to cops and/or other people...basta justified ang purpose i dont see anything wrong w/ it, di po ba?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I've been using clear acrylic plate cover since day one I got my license plate. nauna pa nga ako bumili nun habang pending pa yung plaka. so far wala naman nasita sa akin. worked in makati for a year then sometimes may sinusundo ako dun. In my observation, mas nakaka "obscure" ng visibility yung clear plate cover na nakapaloob yung plaka like those stainless type at may 4 screws on each corners. Lalo na kung hindi nililinis ng may ari at nilulumot. Basta laging malinis at malinaw walang problema.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by armscor40 View Post
    from my point of view, plate cover is not illegal as long as you're using a Clear Coated Cover, i believe we can justify that to any law enforcer out there try to make a bucks out of us...

illegal are those using cover w/ black, blue & smoked shades - obscuring the real view of the whole plate..kulang na lang itago na lang plaka nila.

two years ago, one incident at SCTEX where i caught overspeeding on the camera, the patrol crew told me that they cant see the clear view of my plate becoz at that time i was using blue smoked cover (malabo daw po sa camera) adding that it was prohibited but it was not included in the charge sheet nag-reason pa naman ako na i have been using it for three years at siya pa lang sumita sa akin politely hehe, they just get the model, color and conduction sticker number instead...after that hindi naman po ako nahuli ulit, hehe

besides whats the use of obscured plate cover if we dont hide anything to cops and/or other people...basta justified ang purpose i dont see anything wrong w/ it, di po ba?
    Quote Originally Posted by TerribleOne View Post
    I've been using clear acrylic plate cover since day one I got my license plate. nauna pa nga ako bumili nun habang pending pa yung plaka. so far wala naman nasita sa akin. worked in makati for a year then sometimes may sinusundo ako dun. In my observation, mas nakaka "obscure" ng visibility yung clear plate cover na nakapaloob yung plaka like those stainless type at may 4 screws on each corners. Lalo na kung hindi nililinis ng may ari at nilulumot. Basta laging malinis at malinaw walang problema.

YES!..
    Clear plate is illegal...anything that covers that plate is illegal..

21. Improper display of a motor vehicle permanent plate 500.00

http://www.lto.gov.ph/fines_and_penalty_2009.html#v_MV

Putting a Clear plate will disable the plates ability to reflect especially at night...
    That's why its illegal...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    what the ????.... pati clear plate protection bawal na din...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
License plate cover, is it illegal?