New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    bakit maging unfair para sa mga tiga provinces pag may new railroads/trains?
    di ba dapat magpasalamat kami dahil meron ng choices para sa amin.
    I mean spending to build new trains for Metro Manila is unfair sa provinces.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    IMO, people will buy cars. period. kahit hindi nila magamit yan sa mahal ng gas
    kahit hindi gumalaw car sa EDSA

House-Car-Jewelry/Leather/Watch -> yan normally napupunta $$$ ng tao.
    haha

kahit di ginagamit ung kotse

basta makompleto ung visual ng bahay

pangit naman pag wala kotse sa driveway

it's about the visual

hehe

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    haha

kahit di ginagamit ung kotse

basta makompleto ung visual ng bahay

pangit naman pag wala kotse sa driveway

it's about the visual

hehe
    social media with the car key shot. garage shot. drinking coffee while nasa driver's seat shot.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    social media with the car key shot. garage shot. drinking coffee while nasa driver's seat shot.
    haha

of course

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    IMO, people will buy cars. period. kahit hindi nila magamit yan sa mahal ng gas
    kahit hindi gumalaw car sa EDSA

House-Car-Jewelry/Leather/Watch -> yan normally napupunta $$$ ng tao.

even in countries na maganda public transport, walang car yung walang pambili

so a new roads are always nice

Asking the Gov't for a new train is unfair to the provinces

Pero the private sector will always open their wallets for new toll roads

Just like SS3, I have friends living in the South who will benefit from this project.
    a lot of disconnect in this argument...

I'm not against people buying cars...a person can buy all the cars he can...it is his right

People buying cars and govt improving the railway system is not mutually exclusive . . .

"Building railway is unfair to the provinces" shows how limited your views on railways are....FYI, railways can be built from from NCR to provinces also . .

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Thats a short-sighted thinking. Even if there are less cars per route, if those cars plan to go to the same area, bottlenecks will still be there.
    But that's also what I was saying: The mere presence of a road wouldn't mean that people will suddenly go somewhere.
    I wouldn't go to Laguna just because a new road going there is built, since I have no reason to go to Laguna.

The reason to go to Laguna isn't dictated by the road, but by other factors --economic activity, relatives, etc. Does someone have family, property or business there? Merely building a road does nothing to increase these.

So we have the same number of people who want to go to, and have reason to go to Laguna.
    Adding another road going there means the existing road will be decongested.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    "Building railway is unfair to the provinces" shows how limited your views on railways are....FYI, railways can be built from from NCR to provinces also . .
    as much as I would love to see a train going to Tagaytay and Baguio

you also need a car bec it will be difficult to commute when you reach your destination.

same experience I had the first time I went to Hakone (Mt. Fuji). Riding the train is great, but you need a car to go around the city.

then there's the cost of that train, if you have limited funds (like our Gov't) will you connect Subic and Clark? or BGC and Ayala?
    if you were a private company, will you spend on a train? or will you spend on new toll roads?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    37.6-km Laguna Lakeshore Road Network will look like this | Autoindustriya

Based on the illustrations, the new Laguna Lakeshore Road Network (LRRN) will have 3 lanes per direction. It will also have a total of 8 interchanges, namely: Sucat, Alabang, San Pedro/Binan, Santa Rosa, Cabuyao, and Calamba. Moreover, the proposed Sucat Interchange will have a trumpet-style design as seen from one of the images.

There will even be a cycling track and promenade from Tunasan, Muntinlupa to San Pedro, Laguna. The LLRN Project – Phase 1 will cover Laguna Lake's western side and will see the construction of a 37.6-km mainline road, 6.1-km local connecting roads, and 7.3-km interchanges and slip roads.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    PHL seeking $300-M China loan for initial works of Laguna Lakeshore road project | Business World

THE PHILIPPINES is seeking a $300-million loan from the Beijing-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) for the first phase of the Laguna Lakeshore Road Network (LLRN) project.

The project comprises about 37.4 kilometers of expressway from Lower Bicutan to Calamba, according to details uploaded on the AIIB website.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sana idiretso na hanggang Siniloan.. we need a new highway there.. sobra trapik na sa SLEX..

PHL seeking $300-M China loan for initial works of Laguna Lakeshore road project | Business World

THE PHILIPPINES is seeking a $300-million loan from the Beijing-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) for the first phase of the Laguna Lakeshore Road Network (LLRN) project.

The project comprises about 37.4 kilometers of expressway from Lower Bicutan to Calamba, according to details uploaded on the AIIB website.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Laguna Lakeshore Road Network (LLRN)