New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    526
    #1
    Anyone here has any idea if LTO has a policy on car owners making their own virtual plates?

    I was informed by the dealer of the assined virtual plate on my new vehicle. We all know the issuance of physical plate has legal problems. I would like to know if we are allowed by LTO to make our own plate reflecting the assigned plate no.

    Do i have to seek authority from LTO? Or will a certification from dealer suffice?

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,145
    #2
    This may be outdated info since the last time I had to do this was way back late 90's.

    There's only the 'temporary' plate I can think of for when your plate(s) got lost, damaged, or stolen. But you'll need to file the paperwork for a replacement to get your homemade plate legal. To start, you'll need a notarized affidavit of loss detailing what happened to the old plate(s). Then you will have to visit the LTO branch where your vehicle is registered and follow their lead in securing a replacement plate.

    For a brand new car, I'm not even sure you'll be able to know what your assigned plate numbers are before you get your actual plates arrive. Were you given a registration number in the ABC-1234 format?

  3. Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    9
    #3
    not really about virtual plates...but I'm wondering when LTO will come up with our new plates. My new plates have been in limbo for 2 years(?) now.. Still no plates available.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    526
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    This may be outdated info since the last time I had to do this was way back late 90's.

    There's only the 'temporary' plate I can think of for when your plate(s) got lost, damaged, or stolen. But you'll need to file the paperwork for a replacement to get your homemade plate legal. To start, you'll need a notarized affidavit of loss detailing what happened to the old plate(s). Then you will have to visit the LTO branch where your vehicle is registered and follow their lead in securing a replacement plate.

    For a brand new car, I'm not even sure you'll be able to know what your assigned plate numbers are before you get your actual plates arrive. Were you given a registration number in the ABC-1234 format?
    All brand new cars were already allocated or assigned a plate number from the LTO. The issuance of a physical plate is put on hold because of some legal problem. The dealer were already provided the assigned plate nos. Of their clients.

    Now i dont know the paper work required by LTO should i have a virtual plate made by a shop.

    Even sales agent dont know the process. Kasi baka kung magpagawa ako ng virtual plate it may be considered as an improvised plate. Alam ko bawal na ang improvised and will be mete with penalty or fine.

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,145
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by usokpower View Post
    All brand new cars were already allocated or assigned a plate number from the LTO. The issuance of a physical plate is put on hold because of some legal problem. The dealer were already provided the assigned plate nos. Of their clients.

    Now i dont know the paper work required by LTO should i have a virtual plate made by a shop.

    Even sales agent dont know the process. Kasi baka kung magpagawa ako ng virtual plate it may be considered as an improvised plate. Alam ko bawal na ang improvised and will be mete with penalty or fine.
    I definitely had a different experience. I got my plates late last year for my vehicle which I bought way back July 2015. Prior to the day my dealer received the actual plates, they didn't have a clue what my plate numbers were (yes, I asked).

  6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    202
    #6
    How about special plate with regards to the virtual plate? I already have the receipt from LTO indicating my requested special plate.. Is it possible to secure a virtual plate?

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,515
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mykc View Post
    How about special plate with regards to the virtual plate? I already have the receipt from LTO indicating my requested special plate.. Is it possible to secure a virtual plate?
    virtual plate is stupid, i will just get a same car type model and color as with your virtual plate and print my own virtual plate and use it in a criminal activity, then remove my improvised virtual plate after and you end up proving in court that it was not you...

    why dont we just fix the LTO plate issues, after all its just a piece of metal with some security feature that if someone really wants to reproduce would find it difficult and can be detected if its genuine or not, compared with the flawed virtual plate of not having any security features...

    just imagine one of your family becomes a victim of vehicle having a fake virtual plate that they just printed...

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,490
    #8
    Just keep the plate (with conduction number) attached by the dealer and drive. No one will care.

  9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    202
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    virtual plate is stupid, i will just get a same car type model and color as with your virtual plate and print my own virtual plate and use it in a criminal activity, then remove my improvised virtual plate after and you end up proving in court that it was not you...

    why dont we just fix the LTO plate issues, after all its just a piece of metal with some security feature that if someone really wants to reproduce would find it difficult and can be detected if its genuine or not, compared with the flawed virtual plate of not having any security features...

    just imagine one of your family becomes a victim of vehicle having a fake virtual plate that they just printed...
    Sir i think it doesn't only apply to virtual plates. It applies to almost all brandnew cars without the permanent plate yet (conduction plate). And knowing criminals these days, even though you already have your permanent plate, they can still use and replicate your number.. If you're the one of those unlucky ones.

    I'm having a hard time with this plate issue by the LTO since both of my cars are on the same day coding. Thinking if it is possible to use a virtual plate since my receipt from LTO indicating my assigned plate is already with me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    182
    #10
    my car dealer told me today that I already have the virtual plate number which I can now use on top of the conduction number.

    though nakuha ko na dati yung rehistro ko na wala pang number for the plate na naka indicate pano kaya ang process para magamit ko na yung virtual plate number?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Inquiry on LTO guidelines on "virtual plates"