New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Saan makakuha ng Authority to Use Improvised Plates? Pde sa any LTO office or sa LTO NCR lang?
    No need for the authority. All cars w/o issued plates yet are authorized to use improvised plates basta lang may copy ng OR/CR in your vehicle.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    No need for the authority. All cars w/o issued plates yet are authorized to use improvised plates basta lang may copy ng OR/CR in your vehicle.
    Got my Virtual Plate number which is the issued number.

Can I have Virtual Plates made?
    We do not recommend you to have Virtual Plates made. There is a regulation in LTO prohibiting the making of improvised plates and since the Virtual Plate is the LTO plate number, this will be considered an improvised plate. This has a corresponding penalty.

LTO Issued me an Authority to Use Improvised Plates. Can I have a temporary plate done?

If LTO issued you an Authority to Use Improvised Plates, you can safely have virtual plates made.
    What are Virtual Plates? | Conduction Plate Manila

Because of the backlog in getting the permanent plate numbers, the LTO is issuing so-called “Virtual Plates”. Virtual Plates contain the car registration numbers issued for a new vehicle; it’s just that the assigned plate number isn’t available yet. Having a virtual plate helps in the release of your permanent plate number in the future.

Now, this is where it gets tricky.

The law actually prohibits the making and/or using of improvised plates. It has corresponding fines unless you have an Authority to Operate with the Use of Improvised Plates. With that in mind, if you plan to use your Virtual Plate number, always have a copy of your OR/CR with you and a copy of the Authority to Operate with the Use of Improvised Plates.
    FAQ: Everything You to Need to Know About Temporary Plates and No OR/CR, No Travel | ************ - Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, Car Features, Car Buyer's Guide and Car Prices.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I'll look for the memo regarding that. Parang natapon ko na ata but i'll post it here sa thread kapag nahanap ko.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Guys, question lang, how long usually we can get the virtual plates? And secondly, can we change or choose the ending number of our virtual or soon to be plate numbers? Just in case may conflict cya s coding with our other cars? I heard from a friend way back around 2014 with already with the white background plate, you just have to bring your new plates including your other cars or/cr to prove that you have the same ending they can change it free of charge, i also heard the same thing with a sales agent before that they were able to help their client change their new plate to a different ending,.

Just want to ask if anybody here has done the same thing recently?

TIA.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Share ko lang

Public Advisory on Renewal of Registration for 218 of Motor Vehicles Initially Registered in 215

Was looking this up kasi due na akin this year. I got my unit in Oct '15 with conduction number ending in 1. I got my virtual plate ending in 9.

Good thing this announcement was searchable in google. Now I know when to renew.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ganito yung bibgay sa inyo kung mag-inquire ng virtual plate...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006

2 words, FOI or 8888 haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Paano pala malalaman kung may plate number na? Blank kase yung sa OR/CR.

Kahit di physical plates, kase ayoko ng color coding sa conduction number ko eh.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Anong kalokohan ito haha

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Anong kalokohan ito haha

Sorry, I deliberately blanked the plate/ file numbers out for privacy reasons. But this is the form that LTO will give you, with the plate number of course. Just give them your Motor Vehicle number found in your CR.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast