New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
    Fig. 1 & 4 is the proper side mirror positioning according to this video.

YouTube- How to get rid of your blind spot
    Thanks for the video.

Indeed they are the correct positions, however you may not be able to adjust them to Fig1 because of adjustment limitations.

I currently use Fig2, but I try to approximate Fig1 as much as I can before the side mirror adjustment motors say "enough."

Before correct adjustment of the mirrors, the driver's seat has to also be correctly positioned also - as everything else will follow from there

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    used to do 2 and 5 until i read this somewhere years ago. works well esp my side mirrors are kinda small. it takes time to get used to not seeing your side, but never a problem anymore. and no more last minute "kabig" for nearly not seeing cars on the blind spots.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I use fig. 1 and 4

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Mga tsikoteers. Just by looking at the first picture, fig.1 and 4 is the correct positioning of side mirrors. But there is a catch because this is usually ideal in the states where motorist normally follows the road line. Here in the Philippines motorist normally use most of the time in between the road lines kaya minsan yung tatlong lane nagiging four or five lanes. Pinas talaga.

So the best is to set your side mirrors in between fig. 1&2 and Fig. 3&4. San ka pa lulugar nyan eh neutral ka na.

Happy motoring...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i remember from my driving school lesson, the instructor told me 10% of the mirror should reflect your car and the rest the road. i guess i'll try to follow figs 1 & 4 but will still leave some part of my car, konting-konti na lang. you also need to know where your car is in relation to the "outside world."

but blind areas don't just depend on the mirrors. when i use my van i almost never encounter blind areas, but when i'm using my sedan madalas meron. i guess it's because in the van i'm "up there."

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ah so I've been doing it correctly all this time

My side mirror adjustment never shows any part of the car.

I guess my old man was right!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    You should not be using your mirrors to check for motorcycles alongside you. You should be using your windows instead.

If a motorcycle runs alongside you, you should be able to pick them up using your peripheral vision.
    yung pinag-uusapan naman mga paparating na sasakyan di yung katabi mo na

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I prefer not to mess with my rear-view mirrors (center and side), so I maintain them in positions where I can see the sides of my car.

For blind spots, I installed blind spot mirrors.

Best of both worlds!

This was taken in a hurry, though, it wasn't from the driver's POV kaya medyo mali ang posisyon.

Oh, and by the way, siyempre kasama na yung wide-view center rear view mirror sa upgrades.

[SIZE=1]18/3,711[/SIZE]
    Last edited by woohoo; February 18th, 2010 at 10:52 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Fig. 3 & Fig. 5 for me... nakikita ko lahat ng sa likod ko...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i am not used to not seeing the sides of my car while driving. but it's true that the blind spots can be a problem. i just try to be alert at all times.

question: do you re-adjust the side mirrors from Fig 1 and 4 back to "normal" position when parking in reverse?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots