New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Just a background but I just came back from a relative's wedding in Baguio. I usually travel at a pace of 100-120 kph and yes I am aware that the limit is 100 kph but they actually let you drive upto 120 kph unofficially and I however tried 140 and 160 kph before but not during this trip (my relative tried to teach me the spots where you can drive 140-160 kph but I can't memorize them since I don't go up as often as he does every other day). So my car's GPS tells me there's a toll gate and a speed gun ahead like 5 km before hand (actual sign board will only tell you 2 km before toll) so I slow down from 120 to around 100 but I did not go over 110 kph at the very least then before reaching the toll gate they flag me down for 133 kph overspeeding.

I ask for evidence like pictures or videos to which they cannot provide, I tried to argue my way out of it with the little time I have but I gave up and just handed over my driver's license. I'll be able to get it by next week and I want to ask how much do I pay for redeeming my license? and do I get to have a seminar? also in my 5 years of driving cars and motorcycles so far this is my very first violation of any kind. I tried to ask from different sources but it ranges from PHP 1000 to PHP 3000. Some say I will attend a seminar but some also say I don't have to. What are my chances for contesting this?

p.s. don't know if this matters but I drive the new hilux and do I need to calibrate my speedometer for this? barely a year old and serviced quite a few times now from dealer only.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Adenkaye View Post
    Just a background but I just came back from a relative's wedding in Baguio. I usually travel at a pace of 100-120 kph and yes I am aware that the limit is 100 kph but they actually let you drive upto 120 kph unofficially and I however tried 140 and 160 kph before but not during this trip (my relative tried to teach me the spots where you can drive 140-160 kph but I can't memorize them since I don't go up as often as he does every other day). So my car's GPS tells me there's a toll gate and a speed gun ahead like 5 km before hand (actual sign board will only tell you 2 km before toll) so I slow down from 120 to around 100 but I did not go over 110 kph at the very least then before reaching the toll gate they flag me down for 133 kph overspeeding.

I ask for evidence like pictures or videos to which they cannot provide, I tried to argue my way out of it with the little time I have but I gave up and just handed over my driver's license. I'll be able to get it by next week and I want to ask how much do I pay for redeeming my license? and do I get to have a seminar? also in my 5 years of driving cars and motorcycles so far this is my very first violation of any kind. I tried to ask from different sources but it ranges from PHP 1000 to PHP 3000. Some say I will attend a seminar but some also say I don't have to. What are my chances for contesting this?

p.s. don't know if this matters but I drive the new hilux and do I need to calibrate my speedometer for this? barely a year old and serviced quite a few times now from dealer only.
    P2,500. No seminar, just go to the LTO.

Email them your request for a picture of your violation. They will respond in a few days. Email address is customer_service*tollways.net.ph 😊

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Thats 1 strike on your license. 3 strikes and you lose your license.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    mine was redeemed at east avenue some 2-1/2 years ago. iirc, the penalty at that time was around 2050 pesos and NO seminar done. not sure though if this is still the case.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Does this have a reset, say every year? or is it in your lifetime?

Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Thats 1 strike on your license. 3 strikes and you lose your license.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Nagpalit ka ba ng gulong? Baka mas malaki over-all outer diameter ng gulong mo kaya sa speedometer akala mo yun lang speed mo pero sa actual mas mabilis pala.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    P2,500. No seminar, just go to the LTO.

Email them your request for a picture of your violation. They will respond in a few days. Email address is customer_service*tollways.net.ph 😊

bro jut nahuli ka ba ulit? LOL
    parang tumaas, sakin less than 2.1k (2015)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Bakit kasi ang bibilis nyo magpatakbo....

Pero dapat taasan pa penalty..... Mga tipong 10thou para madiscourage. 2thou eh sisiw yan pero 10thou mapapaisip ka na. Makakadagdag na yan sa amazon ko....

Ako hanggang 80kph lang para swabe..... Basta once 3 digit eh slow down agad ako.... Yan na warning ko sa sarili ko.

Ang technic ko lang sa kotse eh pag manual trans gamit ko eh maka 4th gear 5th gear na ako eh happy na.... Sa matic same thing basta mareach na yung last gear eh solve na ako.. Though ang hirap paabutin ng 6th gear dito metro manila...

Sigurado ang madalas mahuli dito yung mga 0-100guys like niky, jut, egan, ag4....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Does this have a reset, say every year? or is it in your lifetime?
    No reset as i understand it.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    bro jut nahuli ka ba ulit? LOL
    parang tumaas, sakin less than 2.1k (2015)
    Nah haven't been caught recently. I only drive at 99 kph. 😉

2.1k lang ba? I really don't recall anymore. Basta 2k+.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast