New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I'm about to put my car up for sale, however the OR and CR are still under the name of a company I bought the car from so before I sell it I would like to transfer all documents under my name just to make sure the transaction will go smoothly...but I think Im going to have a bit of trouble with all this,cos like I mentioned, the car is under the name of a company the seller was working for before (Medrep) so when this person sold it to me, I really didn't take time to clarify all the documents( my fault), now this person has gone overseas, her company is based at Manila and I have no way of contacting any of them, I mean I pretty much have all the necessary documents (Original OR, CR, photcopies of the ID's of her company's superiors, etc.) except for the fact that the deed of sale I have(3 copies) only has her signature and this is the bump in the road I was talking about, I didn't know at first that said document aside from being signed by her also needed to be signed by me and get notarized, so i pretty much don't know what to do next, my question I guess is what are the requirements to have the registration transferred over to my name?, what can I do about that deed of sale that only has her signature? can I still have it notarized without the seller present? and in regard with Price how much am I likely going to pay (rough estimate) for the entire process of transferring the registration? car is a 2007 Hyundai Getz

RE: I posted something like this about a year ago, but that was because I misplaced the documents, but now I was able to find all of them, unfortunately Im just so lucky to bump into another problem

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    I'm about to put my car up for sale, however the OR and CR are still under the name of a company I bought the car from so before I sell it I would like to transfer all documents under my name just to make sure the transaction will go smoothly...but I think Im going to have a bit of trouble with all this,cos like I mentioned, the car is under the name of a company the seller was working for before (Medrep) so when this person sold it to me, I really didn't take time to clarify all the documents( my fault), now this person has gone overseas, her company is based at Manila and I have no way of contacting any of them, I mean I pretty much have all the necessary documents (Original OR, CR, photcopies of the ID's of her company's superiors, etc.) except for the fact that the deed of sale I have(3 copies) only has her signature and this is the bump in the road I was talking about, I didn't know at first that said document aside from being signed by her also needed to be signed by me and get notarized, so i pretty much don't know what to do next, my question I guess is what are the requirements to have the registration transferred over to my name?, what can I do about that deed of sale that only has her signature? can I still have it notarized without the seller present? and in regard with Price how much am I likely going to pay (rough estimate) for the entire process of transferring the registration? car is a 2007 Hyundai Getz

RE: I posted something like this about a year ago, but that was because I misplaced the documents, but now I was able to find all of them, unfortunately Im just so lucky to bump into another problem
    since the name of the car is still under the company, the deed of sale with the ex-employee's signature is not valid. the following are the things you need:

a. secretary's certificate or board resolution authorized to handle the vehicle sale as well as appointing the person in charge of/responsible of selling the asset.
    b. deed of sale signed by the person assigned by the company stated in the secretary's certificate or board resolution.
    c. OR/CR/Insurance Policy under the name of the company.
    d. Mortgage redemptions, if applicable.
    e. IDs of the person authorized to handle the asset sale as defined in the secretary's certificate or board resolution.

i think you have no choice except to approach the company who really owns the car..... note that the employee who sold you the car is only an assignee, he is not the lawful owner.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

since the name of the car is still under the company, the deed of sale with the ex-employee's signature is not valid. the following are the things you need:

a. secretary's certificate or board resolution authorized to handle the vehicle sale as well as appointing the person in charge of/responsible of selling the asset.
    b. deed of sale signed by the person assigned by the company stated in the secretary's certificate or board resolution.
    c. OR/CR/Insurance Policy under the name of the company.
    d. Mortgage redemptions, if applicable.
    e. IDs of the person authorized to handle the asset sale as defined in the secretary's certificate or board resolution.

i think you have no choice except to approach the company who really owns the car..... note that the employee who sold you the car is only an assignee, he is not the lawful owner.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015

Sir taga saan po kayo? Kung Las Piñas baka matulugan kayo nang kaibigan ko.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Dun mo post itong problem mo sa Pitstop-Miscellaneous- Your legal problem here. That way madaling makita ng mga lawyers in the house who are willing to provide sound legal advise.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    additional info.

should you complete the documents, then that is the time that you can go to TMG for clearance and to the LTO Office where the car was originally registered so that the ownership of the vehicle can be transferred to your name.

additional info.

should you complete the documents, then that is the time that you can go to TMG for clearance and to the LTO Office where the car was originally registered so that the ownership of the vehicle can be transferred to your name.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sige thanks guys, ill just review the documents again, ill update this post soon, by the way, lets say for the sake of argument I already have all the papers, how much all in all am I likely to pay for the whole process? just a rough estimate for my type of car?

*SkyFlakes88

Thanks for the offer po but unfortunately no, Im located in the western Visayas region

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sige thanks guys, ill just review the documents again, ill update this post soon, by the way, lets say for the sake of argument I already have all the papers, how much all in all am I likely to pay for the whole process? just a rough estimate for my type of car?

*SkyFlakes88

Thanks for the offer po but unfortunately no, Im located in the western Visayas region
    estimate is around 5k.

*SkyFlakes88

estimate is around 5k.