New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    That also happened to me before when I was on the way back from the province when this 5 car convoy of a person who works in the government overtook 3 cars while I was approaching at a speed of around 100. Being a convoy, no one wants to be left behind. The 4 cars managed to pass but the last one, he just squeezed his way in. I flashed my lights and blew my horn but he didn't care so I just pulled to the side of the road.

As for you, good thing you kept your presence of mind. Just do everything to signal the driver but if he's persistent, just let him pass. Your life is more important than anything else. If that driver wants a duel, just let him go. Besides, your ride is way more expensive than his and as if he can pay the damages if something happens to you and to your vehicle. You'll just get tons of apologies from a driver that looks like the world fell on him and a badly damaged vehicle.

Let him find his match. Hopefully he will not try that with a mad truck driver coz for sure only God knows what will happen next.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thank you. :shake:
    It may have been easy for others but I still don't have a mastery of the right side mirror. Looking at it gives me apprehension because I feel I am given a serious debility in seeing the front of the car. What more when a speeding and huge obstacle is in front.

Thanks. :bokmal:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    That also happened to me before when I was on the way back from the province when this 5 car convoy of a person who works in the government overtook 3 cars while I was approaching at a speed of around 100. Being a convoy, no one wants to be left behind. The 4 cars managed to pass but the last one, he just squeezed his way in. I flashed my lights and blew my horn but he didn't care so I just pulled to the side of the road...
    Ito, wala ka talaga magawa. Maybe, for personal satisfaction, one can purchase an RPG.

Or pwede rin, seek the same level of government employment.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Tella View Post
    Thank you. :shake:
    It may have been easy for others but I still don't have a mastery of the right side mirror. Looking at it gives me apprehension because I feel I am given a serious debility in seeing the front of the car. What more when a speeding and huge obstacle is in front.

Thanks. :bokmal:
    You don't really have to turn your head to look at the right-side mirror. You're just supposed to glance at it. Practice mo looking out of the corner of your eye.

Kinda like not being obvious checking out a yummy hottie.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    kung ako... Kukunin ko plate number report ko sa LTFRB....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    kung ako... Kukunin ko plate number report ko sa LTFRB....
    then what? sa tingin mo ba may gagawin LTO? paano mo malalaman ito? :peace:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    You don't really have to turn your head to look at the right-side mirror. You're just supposed to glance at it. Practice mo looking out of the corner of your eye.

Kinda like not being obvious checking out a yummy hottie.

Tama po ito. Dapat po may 360-degree situational awareness para you can get out of sticky situations.

Baka naman pasahero yung sumisigaw, minumura yung (*&%^(^% driver ...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    same thing happened to me just yesterday sa N Domingo naman sa San Juan. There was this PUJ din nagswerve sya because there were some pedestrians na naglalakad sa kalsada, ayun napaswerve ako sa right ng kaunti but me pedestrian din dun sa right side ko.

Natamaan ko sya with my side mirror, medyo me kalakasan din and i noticed na medyo nasaktan din sya. kaya kelangan tlga ng doble ingat tayo....andaming pasaway sa kalsada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Head On Collision, Almost