New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian Paulo View Post
    Baka part of easing the traffic problems a possible declaration of 2 days coding for every car. Thats about 40% less transport in MMla.
    People will just buy more cars

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Whatever they do they should do it asap. Traffic from makati to qc last night took me 4.5 hrs. I left at 5 (to give myself a chance) arrived home 930pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ako naman sensing what'll happen coz I saw the rain from Manila to Makati from my bldg. i rushed to BGC kagad from Makati, Still got stuck in a 10 min standstill sa BGC bridge from Makati to BGC good thing it cleared

Parked in BGC Mukti-level at 530pm. Took a quick nap (15min) while hard rain. My wife shopped nearby.

600pm I said to my wife Im hungry, so we ate at Bonchon just below the parking. After an hour, even the road in front of bonchon where jampacked na. So I said to my wife, let's prove na congested na traffic all over. So we walked to Market Market. All those streets in Bonifscio high street locked with cars na, probably suggested by waze lol

So yun We went to market market, there was car showcase there most brands, fortuner, montero, suzuki, and even Foton topllander, I tried it all hehe. After 30 min of that.

We went inside the mall. place is filled with stranded commuters. We went to Japan Home and Daiso. i never had time to study their products so I took time, analyzing and studying all of it. i always needed the data for my analysis company,

At 830pm, traffic is still bad outside so we walked to SM Aura. Window-shopped, strolled and strolled, ordered and ate dessert. Finally, I memorized Most of SM aura's shops.

At 10pm, we checked waze. Traffic still standstill at both edsa and c5.
    So we proceeded walk back to high street. In high street, there was a number of people playing pokemon go in a particular spot. So i observed them, what they do how they behave for 30 min. I dont play Pokemon but I like observing and then the idea came in. i'm going to convince our clients to support this Pokemon craze so that they can have foot traffic in their business.

Then We walked to Shangrila, toby's estste is alresdy open. Since it's cold snd rainy, we ordered hot coffee and took a selfie with the coffee. Got like 50+ likes coz some of my friends didnt know it was already open

At 1130pm, checked waze again and plotted my destination home. It says their 30 mins kaya naman with some minor traffic. So yun went home, I paid P70 for BGC parking, I tried to fill up sa Shell and was surprised to see a long line in shell station up to bridge, dami halos naubusan ng fuel.

So there, it was productive night I guess,

----

Btw, halal guys has promo mayroon na sila P99 meal. I noticed coz there was a line there yesterday

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Whatever they do they should do it asap. Traffic from makati to qc last night took me 4.5 hrs. I left at 5 (to give myself a chance) arrived home 930pm.

I got lucky. I left the CBD at around 930 and was in QC at 1030 via several backroads.

Baka part of easing the traffic problems a possible declaration of 2 days coding for every car. Thats about 40% less transport in MMla.
    It won't work as people will always have to move about.

Fixing mass transport is still the focus here as that's what will encourage us to leave our cars at home or a transport hub parking.

Of course im wary about opening subdivisions and i do hope they first address the vehicles that slow traffic on the streets; that be the cars who stop and park, PUVs and PUBs that refuse to load and unload properly, etc.
    Last edited by vinj; August 13th, 2016 at 01:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^and that practically sums up what life is in BGC.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    "Give me heroin..... Fast!!!"... 😉

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hmmm, coding for first digit & last digit? Yeah like what Cathy said, people would just buy more cars (well those that can afford).

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Hmmm, coding for first digit & last digit? Yeah like what Cathy said, people would just buy more cars (well those that can afford).
    Lagot ako if this happens because both of my cars have the same first digit. I will be forced to buy another car. I'll just get a 90s car or any car not over 150k

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 13th, 2016 at 06:57 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    coding? those who can, will just buy more cars.
    the car dealers already nominated gen. maganto to sainthood years before... will they do the same to ... this time?

car pool? it will just create a new profession... professional passenger. the classier the outfit, the higher the PF.

i... have no answer. except... hatakin ang illegally parked vehicles! give the roadway back to the motorist, and the sidewalk back to the pedestrian!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    coding? those who can, will just buy more cars.
    the car dealers already nominated gen. maganto to sainthood years before... will they do the same to ... this time?

car pool? it will just create a new profession... professional passenger. the classier the outfit, the higher the PF.

i... have no answer. except... hatakin ang illegally parked vehicles! give the roadway back to the motorist, and the sidewalk back to the pedestrian!
    We must also remember that the Skyway constructions play a role on why EDSA is pretty much bad 24/7. Id expect a little relief once this is done.

At BGC, when one vehicle stops on the main road to wait for a passenger, it slows traffic considerably.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    We must also remember that the Skyway constructions play a role on why EDSA is pretty much bad 24/7. Id expect a little relief once this is done.

At BGC, when one vehicle stops on the main road to wait for a passenger, it slows traffic considerably.
    the original schedule talked of two years. it's already one year. it does not look like two years will do it, to me. let us hope the new leadership will convince the constructors to be true to their word.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Emergency Powers - Traffic