New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Let's put it this way...

I just had my license renewed in Galleria last week, after two failed attempts in MegaMall. My birthday falls on September 24, so I was renewing a full month ahead of schedule to avoid any hassle.

But when the guys at the DLRC were processing my papers, they kept coming up with a PhP 75 fine that I had to pay. That's according to their so-called centralized computerized system. Turns out that their central records, for some strange reason, registered my birthdate as January 24. And because of that, technically, I had to pay the fine because my license to their computers' eyes, was expired. I didn't mind having to pay the 75 bucks. But to rectify the error, I will now have to go to their licensing center in San Juan. Seems that the Galleria guys wouldn't be able to do it from their end.

Can you just imagine the inconvenience this will cause? Just because some moron entered my birthday incorrectly in their central records? The guy at the counter in Galleria could only apologize. He, too, admitted that the situation was darn right stupid.

So, I just hope that the clerical error that you're experiencing is not the work of some dimwit in their central office.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    in galleria even saturday they are open? i need to renew my licence this september but my available day in saturday only? anyone can help me?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    anyone who can help me. im looking for LTO DLRC in Malls that are open even in saturday?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Do DLRCs open on Saturdays. But their neighboring medical/diagnostic laboratories are. I checked that out before I renewed my license.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho View Post
    Let's put it this way...

I just had my license renewed in Galleria last week, after two failed attempts in MegaMall. My birthday falls on September 24, so I was renewing a full month ahead of schedule to avoid any hassle.

But when the guys at the DLRC were processing my papers, they kept coming up with a PhP 75 fine that I had to pay. That's according to their so-called centralized computerized system. Turns out that their central records, for some strange reason, registered my birthdate as January 24. And because of that, technically, I had to pay the fine because my license to their computers' eyes, was expired. I didn't mind having to pay the 75 bucks. But to rectify the error, I will now have to go to their licensing center in San Juan. Seems that the Galleria guys wouldn't be able to do it from their end.

Can you just imagine the inconvenience this will cause? Just because some moron entered my birthday incorrectly in their central records? The guy at the counter in Galleria could only apologize. He, too, admitted that the situation was darn right stupid.

So, I just hope that the clerical error that you're experiencing is not the work of some dimwit in their central office.
    the key is to ask nicely the main thing is to prove that it is an "honest" mistake rather than actual error. In my experience they will only ask you to go to the a main lto office if they sense that it is an actual error in records that needs verification. misspelled names (to a lesser degree) or address can be easily proved valid by 2 valid IDs (esp. government IDs e.g. SSS and/or PRC) coupled with cool head and good reasoning

I've seen people fuming mad while dealing with idiots at government offices. While it is difficult, just maintain your cool, it helps a lot. Now, after you have presented all the evidences (birth certificates, IDs) and they still don't listen... curse them to hell

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wavecxs View Post
    Now, after you have presented all the evidences (birth certificates, IDs) and they still don't listen... curse them to hell
    That's exactly what I did. And very nicely, too. That's why I am now cursing them to hell.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    Guys advice please!

I'm due for license renewal in a few weeks but I've got a problem with my name on the license card. Wrong punctuation siya, for example:

instead of Reyes, Juan Miguel = it's Reyes Juan, Miguel on my driver's license.

Do you think the renewal centers can fix this problem or do I have to go to an actual LTO office to have this fixed? I was hoping to renew my license in SM Hypermart or Megamall to avoid the inconvenience of LTO district offices...

Anyone else experienced something similar?

Thanks!
    Finally had my license renewed.

I had to do it at the Pasig District Office. I initally called and visited SM Hypermart's DLRC to check if they can do the modification but unfortunately the guy there said DLRCs can only facilitate change in addresses.

Anyway, I also submitted an Affidavit of Discrepancy together with my renewal documents, plus a photocopy of my Birth Certificate.

Initially one of the evaluators told me I only needed the Birth Cert, but when I submitted the initial set of requirements after doing the medical and drug test, he then told me I also needed the Affidavit of Discrepancy. I don't know if they intentionally not tell you ALL the requirements and somehow take pleasure in hassling people, but good thing I had the affidavit prepared before even going to the LTO, since I read it on their website. (I was initially trying to keep away from the extra cost of the Notary)

Well, at least everything's sorted out now. Renewal at the Pasig District Office takes about 2-3 hours all in all.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    kotiko: you mean they accept your Affidavit of Discrepancy without being notarized?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    kotiko: you mean they accept your Affidavit of Discrepancy without being notarized?
    No. I was hoping to save on the notary fee. They initially gave the impression that I don't need an Affidavit of Discrepancy but later on told me I needed it when I submitted the other documents. So, I ended up having to spend a little more for the notarization.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Mga sir, pano kung nung october 2007 pa expired yung license ko? Pwede pa ba ako mag pa renew sa mga express license renewal sa malls?

Another problem pa po is nawala ko na yung license card ko. Ang nasa akin na lang ngayon is yung receipt nung inacquire ko yung card ko which is a non-pro license.

Help please!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Driver's License Renewal in Malls.