New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ongoing.... southbound from Megamall to Guadalupe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1412900917127.jpg   1412900944988.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    is this the zipper lane thingy?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Open nanaman ang zipper ni Epifanio Delos Santos. Affecting traffic NB from guadalupe to ortigas (guadix)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    they should do this everyday kasi traffic naman hindi lang Monday and Friday. also, they should make a zipper lane NB from Santolan to Mega Q-mart from 5-7 pm.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Kung dati southbound lang trapik, ngayon pati northbound trapik na rin!

Geniuses

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I still can't fathom why MMDA instructs to open hazard lights (there's a sign when you enter the zipper lane). It would be more apt for vehicles to turn on their head lights.

And yes, NB traffic suffers because of the zipper lane. The zipper lane was placed to avoid the two choke points on EDSA SB in the morning:
    - Shaw Underpass (because of vehicles, especially UV EX VANS) who take the bus lanes then cut into the underpass.
    - Boni station bus stop (buses stopping... nuff said).

My take is that to decongest the EDSA Shaw underpass, they can consider putting cones on the private car lane (3rd lane) that goes above. I noticed that when buses are not blocking the said lane, it can still be fast to pass the "ibabaw" during the rush hour even if you have to wait out at the stoplight.

Counterflow at EDSA