New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    what's the sense of getting a commemorative plate kung hindi mo rin pala pwede gamitin? and nung nagtanong ako sa nagbebenta ng commemorative plate, sabi nila exempted daw sa coding. last september 2008 lang ako nagtanong.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    what's the sense of getting a commemorative plate kung hindi mo rin pala pwede gamitin? and nung nagtanong ako sa nagbebenta ng commemorative plate, sabi nila exempted daw sa coding. last september 2008 lang ako nagtanong.
    I think you already know what happened to you but let me still say it.

You were screwed by who ever sold you your commemorative plate.

None of the current set of commemorative plates are truly exempted from traffic coding.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Sir no one in our family has ever been caught while driving during color coded hours (manila area), except when going to San Juan and Makati, heard that they strictly enforce the law there.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Sir no one in our family has ever been caught while driving during color coded hours (manila area), except when going to San Juan and Makati, heard that they strictly enforce the law there.
    San Juan isn't really strict. Only specific intersections and limited time/day.

Makati is really strict. But their general tactics seems as to catch "offenders" at specific and predictable intersections in the city.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 14th, 2009 at 04:53 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the law is clear about it and it had been published and announced in the media a few times that commemorative plates do not exempt any vehicle from the number coding scheme.

i wonder, why is it that there are still people who insists on breaking the law then pretend they are law abiding citizens! it's people like these that make our country the way it is now. people who think they can be above everyone else by reason of their money, position or connections. these people who we blame for the dismal and sorry state of our country are the same people we complain about in the goon squad forum, those people who counterflow, those that go opposite one way streets, those with illegal sirens, those that are inconsiderate and bastos. then we crave for those commemorative plates as if by having one we can then do the same kabastusan on the road because it exempts us from being caught, as if being able to dodge a traffic ticket exempts one from the contempt of 99% of the population of this country. but who cares, you don't naman di ba.

can you not just follow the law like everyone else?
    Last edited by yebo; February 14th, 2009 at 08:59 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post

You'd be better off with your regular plate...if you have one you should display this alongside your regular plate....additional mounting on your part and yes this does not exempt you from coding...they just use the exemption to sell their plates...if you were not caught today, tomorrow that day after next, surely within the validity of that plate you will get accosted by a traffic aide.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One thing I don't agree is the number coding scheme.

It simple doesn't work anymore. It is time for the MMDA to get rid of it. It was supposed to be an "emergency" measure to reduce traffic when the flyovers were being constructed but here we are, years later still with the number coding still being used.

Not all but a lot of people have already bought an extra car for "coding" purposes. So where is the reduction of car volume?

Having an extra car for "coding" use wastes money that could have been use elsewhere like invested back into a business. Assuming the coding car average value is P400,000... a hundred families each with a coding car already means forty billion pesos just sitting in their garage, used only once to twice a week!

Simply getting rid of the traffic coding might hurt initially with a sudden increase in traffic but the economy should benefit greatly looking beyond the initial consequences.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Very well said Yebo!

The spirit behind buying a commemorative plate is not to "buy the law" but to show support for an organization celebrating the "commemoration" of whatever it is they celebrate i.e. founding anniversary

IT IS NOT MEANT TO BUY AN EXCUSE TO VIOLATE STREET RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    the law is clear about it and it had been published and announced in the media a few times that commemorative plates do not exempt any vehicle from the number coding scheme.

i wonder, why is it that there are still people who insists on breaking the law then pretend they are law abiding citizens! it's people like these that make our country the way it is now. people who think they can be above everyone else by reason of their money, position or connections. these people who we blame for the dismal and sorry state of our country are the same people we complain about in the goon squad forum, those people who counterflow, those that go opposite one way streets, those with illegal sirens, those that are inconsiderate and bastos. then we crave for those commemorative plates as if by having one we can then do the same kabastusan on the road because it exempts us from being caught, as if being able to dodge a traffic ticket exempts one from the contempt of 99% of the population of this country. but who cares, you don't naman di ba.

can you not just follow the law like everyone else?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Basta ako I like the "I am Ninoy" car plate...

Pag may commemorative car plate ka naman, puwede mo namang i-screw siya sa itaas ng regular car plate mo eh. Parang lumalabas, dalawang plate numbers ang nasa harap ng car. Did that previously sa UP Centennial plate ko. Siyempre, walang exemption sa coding. Okay lang, disiplina lang iyan...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    One thing I don't agree is the number coding scheme.

It simple doesn't work anymore. It is time for the MMDA to get rid of it. It was supposed to be an "emergency" measure to reduce traffic when the flyovers were being constructed but here we are, years later still with the number coding still being used.

Not all but a lot of people have already bought an extra car for "coding" purposes. So where is the reduction of car volume?

Having an extra car for "coding" use wastes money that could have been use elsewhere like invested back into a business. Assuming the coding car average value is P400,000... a hundred families each with a coding car already means forty billion pesos just sitting in their garage, used only once to twice a week!

Simply getting rid of the traffic coding might hurt initially with a sudden increase in traffic but the economy should benefit greatly looking beyond the initial consequences.
    you are completely right in this regard GH and i totally agree with you. the number coding scheme is useless and unnecessary.

but i hope you will also agree with me that as long as it is in place, as long as it is the law, then ALL will have to follow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Commemorative Plates