New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Tella View Post
    I didn't know that. Thanks. :tounge2:

My restrictions are 1 & 2. If I upgraded it to 1,2 & 3, would I have to be a professional license holder? Is it possible?
    Why??? May balak kang magmaneho ng Dump Truck o Container Van o Bus??? Even a tricycle driver has a PROFESSIONAL LICENSE (RC 1 nga lang sila)

Let me explain something here. The LTO issues 2 types of License: PROFESSIONAL AND NON-PROFESSIONAL LICENSES.

The PROFESSIONAL LICENSE is issued to any individual requiring such license to derive income from. For this type of License, a clearance from the PNP or NBI is required. A PROFESSIONAL DRIVER'S LICENSE HOLDER MAY OPERATE ANY VEHICLE TYPE UNDER THE RESTRICTION CODE WHICH THE OPERATOR IS LIMITED irrespective of the vehicle's registration type (Private or Public). (i.e; Driver ng Dad mo o d kaya Driver ng DUMP TRUCK na for Private Use)

For a Doctor to be able to practice his PROFESSION, he must have a PROFESSIONAL LICENSE from the MEDICAL BOARD.
    For me to practice my PROFESSION as DECK OFFICER on board a ship, I need a PROFESSIONAL LICENSE from the PROFESSIONAL REGULATIONS COMMISSION (PRC).

The NON-PROFESSIONAL DRIVER'S LICENSE is issued to individuals who do NOT derive their income by driving or operating a vehicle and are limited to driving a private registered vehicles under the restriction code which to operator is limited to.

So let's say, you have now a NPL (Green ) with RC 1 & 2. This means you can drive any Private Registered vehicle (Motorcycle, Tricycle, Cars, SUVs) as long as the GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT does not go over 4,500 kgs. Check the Registration Certificate of your car to ascertain this.
    Kung meron kayong Toyota COASTER o HINO Bus o DUMP TRUCK na Privately Registered (GREEN/WHITE PLATEs), dapat meron kang RC 3 because these vehicle are over 4,500KGS GVW.
    As long as kaya mo yung sasakyan (Let's say Punta sa MOA na naka DUMP TRUCK at GREEN/WHITE ang plaka mo), pwede basta't may RC 3 license mo.

I think, maybe I'm wrong, nasa website ng LTO ang lahat ng ito. Why not look into it?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My restrictions are 1 & 2. If I upgraded it to 1,2 & 3, would I have to be a professional license holder? Is it possible?
    yes and possible provided you take and pass another written and actual exam for professional driver's license. i idid that in 1990 1st renewal year of my non-pro. add'l restrictions 1 and 3 to make it pro.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DON2003 View Post
    for driving scooter? do you need the "1" or only "2" on your license will do?

what to do if "1" is also needed to drive a scooter?
    Easy. If you own a registered scooter, just bring the CR with you when you renew your license and tell LTO na you need RC 1 on your license.

When I first got my Non-Pro way back in 1977, I asked the clerk how I can get an RC 1. I told him na may plans ako bumili ng motorcycle. What the guy did was kumuha siya ng CR ng isang motor (I don't know the owner), pina-xerox sa akin, isinama sa papers ko and presto...RC 1 & 2 na sa license ko.

To all in reading:
    Additional to my last post. You don't really need a PROFESSIONAL LICENSE to operate a vehicle 4.5 tons and above. HOW MUCH DOES A WINABAGO OR AN RV WEIGH? DI BA OVER 4.5 TONS YUN? What if it is for Family use only and not for Commercial use then all you need is a Non-Professional Driver's License lang. As long as you have RC 3 on your Non-Pro license, you are allowed to operate Non-Commercial use vehicles over 4.5 tons. Auto o Manual Trans.

I've got a friend na naka RC 1,2 & 3 pero Non-Pro. He drives a Ford E-150 Chatteau Van (Green/White Plates).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Galing a. I'm a NON-PRO holder with RC 1 & 2, but I took the drug test and the written exam. Anyway, I want to try driving land movers, tractors and 6x6 trucks. Of course I want to try the race track.

If there's a wheel, there's a way.

Salamat po. :horse:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Galing a. I'm a NON-PRO holder with RC 1 & 2, but I took the drug test and the written exam. Anyway, I want to try driving land movers, tractors and 6x6 trucks. Of course I want to try the race track.

If there's a wheel, there's a way.

Salamat po. :horse:
    YES, you will be asked to take the drug test and a written exam. Requirement yan. As for driving in a race track, hindi na hawak ng LTO yan. As I remember, PMA or Philippine Motor Association anf nag issue o nag certify na qualified race car driver ka. Depende rin kung anong event ang gusto mo salihan, basta't recognized nila. Which means, you will have to under go some seminars, trainings, actual exams, written tests (kasama Psycho test) and may be required to actually run and finish some races, if and when they are held.

Subok ka muna drive ng 3 ton forklift then 35 ton forklift. Sarap mag drive ng malaking sasakyan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Can rc-2 license holders operate automatic transmission vehicles?