New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What's your opinion on "buhos" system? This is where one side of traffic is stopped and the other side is made to counterflow.

Yesterday I was driving peacefully on the correct side of the road when I saw a Vios coming on fast in my direction (take note there are barriers separating the road) I thought the driver was crazy! I almost got into a head on collision! Good thing I was able to swerve my car to the right. A few meters after, I saw a few cars stopped on the side of the road by an enforcer. So that's when it dawned on me, that the enforcer instructed "buhos" I think if they are going to do buhos then they should ensure that all cars coming from the correct direction are blocked/stopped. What about cars that came from establishments that were not aware (like me)?

Several months ago, I was the one who counterflowed (buhos also), the motorcycle was not aware and thought I was just being a douchebag, he played chicken with me, which was kinda stupid because I was in a sedan and he was in a motorcycle Ever since then, I stay in the right side of the road even if the enforcer instructs "buhos"

The recent incident just made me realize that buhos can be very dangerous.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I guess it depends on the road conditions and if they installed enough warning signs/lights.

One time sa province, mga 4AM bumibiyahe kami may kasalubong akong trailer, yun pala sa sobrang dilim at walang warning may construction pala sa highway kaya naging two lane bigla. 😥

Sent from my E6683 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Haven't seen a 'buhos' flow of traffic coordinated with the help of traffic lights. Considering that, its imperative that communication between the traffic enforcers stationed at different lengths of the highway is clear as to direct the halted direction properly, as well as have a standard definition of how heavy traffic volume is. Intersections should also be kept open at all times by motorists; shouldn't really be watched over by the enforcers ideally. I don't make use of Alabang-Zapote road that much to notice much of a difference, but from what I've observed, whenever one direction of traffic is light, this scheme is feasible.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    No..

Yan po ang sakit ng mga driver lalo sa ibang lugar na dumadayo sa hindi familiar na area at hindi implemented ang rules na yan..

kaya maraming counter-flow drivers, dahil sa "Buhos" system..

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    di sya effective for me. mas effective parin magamit ng buo yun lahat ng lanes available, or dapat matanggal bottleneck parts ng road. sample nyan SM southmall to southland. ewan ko ngayon kung nalawakan na

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Remember na kibit balikat lang enforcers pag nagkaroon ng collision dyan. Dito ko rin nabasa sa forum na to. May nag buhos na enforcer na hindi pinatay yung traffic light. Naturally nung nag green meron di aware sa buhos kaya umandar. Collision, yung enforcer na nag buhos deadma lang.

Yung ginagawa nila sa Aguinaldo highway medyo ok pa kasi may orange barrier. Yun ang inuusog nila. At least dun walang nalilito. And yung opposite lane hindi totally stopped.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BratPAQ; November 21st, 2017 at 02:03 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Remember na kibit balikat lang enforcers pag nagkaroon ng collision dyan. Dito ko rin nabasa sa forum na to. May nag buhos na enforcer na hindi pinatay yung traffic light. Naturally nung nag green meron di aware sa buhos kaya umandar. Collision, yung enforcer na nag buhos deadma lang.

Yung ginagawa nila sa Aguinaldo highway medyo ok pa kasi may orange barrier. Yun ang inuusog nila. At least dun walang nalilito. And yung opposite lane hindi totally stopped.

kaya ako i do not risk, unless im familiar with the area (daily basis drive). madalas pa di coordinated mga yan.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i guess it's ok, as long as the authorities concerned have safety features properly in place.
    something like stopping traffic at the source and waiting for the entire length of lane to clear, even before a single vehicle is allowed in.
    the last time i saw them start one, we almost bumped the oncoming vehicles. there was no initial warning whatsoever. ni walang taong kumakaway!

the one in the early days of coastal road was good.
    they wait for the last vehicle to pass, then they let the other direction thru.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    May na share dati sa FB, video ng buhos sa tapat ng sm Southmall. Yung last 3 to 4 vehicles sa buhos hinuli ng mga enforcers. Mga gago talaga mga enforcers ng las Pinas.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^Hindi uso ang traffic lights sa las pinas..hindi naboto yan eh

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast