New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    New technology daw

Dahil may app that connects ride providers to ride seekers new technology na?

Grab is basically a taxi company that outsources cars and drivers

-

Every city that Uber went into they ran into regulators coz they were BASICALLY operating an unlicensed taxi service

They eventually pulled out of many countries after experiencing a lot of pushback from regulators
    Last edited by uls; July 15th, 2019 at 10:04 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    New technology daw

Dahil may app that connects ride providers to ride seekers new technology na?

Grab is basically a taxi company that outsources cars and drivers

-

Every city that Uber went into they ran into regulators coz they were BASICALLY operating an unlicensed taxi service

They eventually pulled out of many countries after experiencing a lot of pushback from regulators
    i am wondering,
    how long will they last here, before they are either booted out, or they voluntarily leave?

i can easily imagine how local taxis can band together and offer something similar, at significantly less price to the commuter.
    it's a simple matter of self-discipline in the ranks.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Im sure if Grab goes kaput there will be several app ride sharing app that will replace them, nasanay na tao sa TNVS for sure hinde na yan mawawala, maybe mag bago ng pangalan or company but the concept is already there.

Hinde lang pala mga hatch na TNVS ang nag wewelga pati mga iba may saloobin din. lol.

the problem with grab kasi when applying kelangan daw bago car mo or less than 3 years, if it is really a ride sharing they should allow a car that is at least less than 10 years, hinde na kelangan bago pa. syempre kung bago yun san sila kukuha ng pang hulog eh d sa araw araw na kita.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Grab can keep operating at a loss coz investors keep giving them money

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Grab can keep operating at a loss coz investors keep giving them money
    ha!
    ponzi scheme...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 2lits17 View Post
    Im sure if Grab goes kaput there will be several app ride sharing app that will replace them, nasanay na tao sa TNVS for sure hinde na yan mawawala, maybe mag bago ng pangalan or company but the concept is already there.

Hinde lang pala mga hatch na TNVS ang nag wewelga pati mga iba may saloobin din. lol.

the problem with grab kasi when applying kelangan daw bago car mo or less than 3 years, if it is really a ride sharing they should allow a car that is at least less than 10 years, hinde na kelangan bago pa. syempre kung bago yun san sila kukuha ng pang hulog eh d sa araw araw na kita.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    A lot of good points from both sides = excellent discourse here.

Allow me to throw a monkey wrench...

LTFRB opens slots for more taxis; netizens say they want TNVS
    There are 5,000 taxi franchises up for grabs
    https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/moto...-a962-20190712

500,000 more taxis
    100 units minimum per operator

TNVS on the other hand...
    65,000 units max/cap set by LTFRB
    max 3 units per operator

Moreover, LTFRB consolidating single-unit Jeepney operators... 100 units per cooperative (not sure about the count)

Lastly, "Ride-sharing"? the pure ride-sharing "Wunder" recently ceased operation in the PH.

IMHO, the only thing very obvious is the fact that LTFRB is regulating categories differently. How and why? Your guess is as good as mine

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    GRAB has already taken billions of $$$ from investors and more investors keep giving them money

most local ride-sharing/ride-hailing/carpooling starups fail coz they don't have money to burn

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i can easily imagine how local taxis can band together and offer something similar, at significantly less price to the commuter.
    Taxi companies in other countries tried... Singapore's Comfort DelGro is still trying (may App din sila)...

Honestly, (Philippine setting) mas mura ang taxi kesa sa Grab since wala silang surcharge.

Kaso talagang sobrang sama ng reputation nila... Kahit naman Grab, may time dati sa airport na naka 4 na booking ako kaka-reject/cancel ng mga driver nila.

Locally... May MiCab... twice na din akong may nakitang driver na nagsabing... May Apps ako kaso di ko ginagamit... minsan kasi papunta sa nagbook may pumapara na. sayang naman byahe

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am wondering,
    how long will they last here, before they are either booted out, or they voluntarily leave?

Actually curious ako, DOA ba yung nangyari dito?

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...ng-system.html

2015 pa ito and alam ko nagstart ito. MGE group should be one of the bigger taxi fleets in the country, or at least in the Metro as far as I know but I never bothered with it

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast