New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    what i meant with

'if we can work it out,'

i meant it as humbling myself and admitting to the violation (dahil bago ako, at di pamilyar sa lugar, i didn't know where exactly i was supposed to stop). baka pwedeng warning lang, instead of issuing me a ticket right off the bat.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    There should be a strong public clamor to really urge the LTO (and other traffic apprehending agencies) to change the orientation of their enforcers. In fact, I think the first change is to remove teh word "enforcers" and replace it with "facilitators." Their foremost mindset should be to FACILITATE THE SMOOTH FLOW OF TRAFFIC, not apprehend motorists to meet a quota.

I feel bad because some motorists aren't really bad guys.. they're new drivers or new to a place and may be a bit lost about a particular place and its rules. Traffic Facilitators should be available to HELP and ASSIST such motorists by clarifying the rules, pointing the correct directions, and being pleasantly helpful.

If there is a need to crack down on erring (especially chronically and habitually erring) drivers, have a special mission/operation specifically against those lowlifes. As for the rest of us daily motorists, we should be ASSISTED, not TERRORIZED, into following traffic rules. I'm sure that will greatly ease the traffic situation (and tempers) a lot.

Just my dos sentimos.
    +1 on this.

and if possible sana isa na lang agency para uniform ang traffic ordinance/law sa ating bansa.

saka yung pagbabayad pwedeng sa bank or thru online payment system na lang... ang ayaw lang kasi natin talaga ay yung hassle sa pagtubos ng licence but we are willing to pay for the violations that we did, intentionally or not.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    i passed by malugay street again the other day.
    gosh, i saw two cars stopped right where i did...
    the two yellow guys didn't seem to bother..
    so hindi pala bawal huminto dun?!
    grabe, i was robbed in broad daylight pala talaga

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    [quote=butchik;1477120]i passed by malugay street again the other day.
    gosh, i saw two cars stopped right where i did...
    the two yellow guys didn't seem to bother..
    so hindi pala bawal huminto dun?!
    grabe, i was robbed in broad daylight pala talaga [/quote

Probably, the reason why those yellow boys didn't apprehend those 2 cars was bec. they crossed malugay st. when the traffic light was green, but when it turned red, they had to stop at the 2nd intersection.

I'm a resident of makati, and i'm familiar with that area. D ka nag-iisa jan butchik, ang daming motorists ang nahuhuli dyan. The problem is the location of that traffic light, it's at the 2nd intersection, leaving the unfamiliar motorist to think that the 1st intersection (malugay) is free to cross over to when possible. So ano nga nman ang obstruciton violation dun, eh wala nman traffic light dun sa 1st intersection?

What should be there is a traffic sign at the 1st intersection saying "Stop When The Red Light Is On." So even the unfamiliar motorist will know that he/she has to stop even when the traffic light is at the 2nd intersection. It's so simple and yet those responsible for making those signs couldn't even think of it. Then they blame the motorists for the confusion.

Perhaps next time anyone who gets caught in that area should argue this point. Those yellow boys are having a hell of a day reaching their quotas just by apprehending those confused motorists. Kaya ang dami nila dun sa lugar na yun.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    One thing commendable though, di sila tumatanggap ng bribe. Saludo lang ako kung ganito na sana ang mangyayari sa buong Pilipinas.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    One thing commendable though, di sila tumatanggap ng bribe. Saludo lang ako kung ganito na sana ang mangyayari sa buong Pilipinas.
    tumatanggap pa rin sila ng bribe.. kaso same price ng babayaran mo dun if itutubos mo sa office nila...

nahuli na rin ako dyan sa street na yan... dunno if pinaglalaruan nila ung traffic light.. kasi bago mag intersection.. may 1 kotse lang na nasa harap ko.. pero nung nakapasok na ako sa intersection... biglang nag yellow.. tapos ang sabi sa akin disobedience daw to traffic signal...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung yellow boy sa may Espana binaril recently. Patay. May kinalaban daw na motorista kasi.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ^ this should send out a message to the dirty ones.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    na apprehend na din ako dyan. hiningi ang license ko. di ko muna binigay. tinanong ko violation ko. sabi bawal daw yun. dapat daw nag stop ako sa unang stop light.

kaso, wala naman line dun sa unang stoplight. ang hirit ko, "pambihira, nung last week nagstop ako sa first stoplight tapos pinaabante nyo ako...ngayon naman huhulihin mo ako"...

ayun, he just let me go.

problem is walang markings yung area na yun. kaya kung bago ka sa area..talagang aabante ka.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    yung kalye na yun is prone sa huli. its a trap. di mo talaga makikita yan and daily makikita mo na ang daming nahuhuli dyan at di ka patatawarin kahit first time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Apprehended on Malugay Street