New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    need your help po. i was apprehended last saturday on malugay street, by a yellow guy. just got off skyway, since i wasn't familiar with the area, soon after i made a past at buendia intersection, i came to a halt at a stoplight on malugay street (second intersection, near stoplight).

20 seconds later, this yellow guy came up to me and asked for my license. i asked him why... he said obstruction po. as far as i know, i wasn't obstructing anything, as i knew i stopped before a stoplight sign. then i looked at the cars behind me, i noticed they stopped at the first malugay intersection. since i was new to the area, i contested his apprehension and apologized for not being familiar within that area of makati. i added, i am new and didn't see any white lines to follow. but he insisted that he wanted to see my license, so i grabbed my purse and handed over the license to him.

the moment he got it, he walked away from where my car was, then wrote my name immediately on the ticket. i asked him nicely, why he was writing it so quickly, and if we can work it out, since it was just a first offense, and considering being new to the area, i really had no idea. i added, that's why i stopped at the red light sir, at this intersection. but he kept on insisiting, it was too late. and issued me the inevitable "white ticket" and shoved it down my throat that i insulted him daw and his uniform. i asked him, "in what way have i insulted you, sir?" he said, i didn't give him my license when he demanded it. ang babaw naman!!!

i told him i didn't even swear in front of you.... i had my 10 year old niece inside the car, and she could attest, i didn't swear or made any derogatory remark at the officer. in fact, i was on my way to church. ang pinaka mataray nga lang na sinabi ko "Grabe naman kayo sir"... but he still issued me a ticket and said it was too late for me to apologize!!! Power tripping naman!!!

i asked him to give my license back but he refused, then that's when i told him, "kinakaya kaya nyo lang ko kasi babae ako!" so i drove off. as i sped off i realized, the last time a friend got apprehended, the officer told him what his violation was, how much penalty, and where to get the license, before the officer issued him the ticket. that didn't happen except for the "obstruction po" statement from the officer.

hindi po ba protocol yun? pwede bang ireklamo? at ano inisulto ko sa kaniya? siguro gusto lang humingi ng lagay kaya tinatakot ako na sinulat na agad pangalan ko sa ticket! ???

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by butchik View Post
    need your help po. i was apprehended last saturday on malugay street, by a yellow guy. just got off skyway, since i wasn't familiar with the area, soon after i made a past at buendia intersection, i came to a halt at a stoplight on malugay street (second intersection, near stoplight).

20 seconds later, this yellow guy came up to me and asked for my license. i asked him why... he said obstruction po. as far as i know, i wasn't obstructing anything, as i knew i stopped before a stoplight sign. then i looked at the cars behind me, i noticed they stopped at the first malugay intersection. since i was new to the area, i contested his apprehension and apologized for not being familiar within that area of makati. i added, i am new and didn't see any white lines to follow. but he insisted that he wanted to see my license, so i grabbed my purse and handed over the license to him.

the moment he got it, he walked away from where my car was, then wrote my name immediately on the ticket. i asked him nicely, why he was writing it so quickly, and if we can work it out, since it was just a first offense, and considering being new to the area, i really had no idea. i added, that's why i stopped at the red light sir, at this intersection. but he kept on insisiting, it was too late. and issued me the inevitable "white ticket" and shoved it down my throat that i insulted him daw and his uniform. i asked him, "in what way have i insulted you, sir?" he said, i didn't give him my license when he demanded it. ang babaw naman!!!

i told him i didn't even swear in front of you.... i had my 10 year old niece inside the car, and she could attest, i didn't swear or made any derogatory remark at the officer. in fact, i was on my way to church. ang pinaka mataray nga lang na sinabi ko "Grabe naman kayo sir"... but he still issued me a ticket and said it was too late for me to apologize!!! Power tripping naman!!!

i asked him to give my license back but he refused, then that's when i told him, "kinakaya kaya nyo lang ko kasi babae ako!" so i drove off. as i sped off i realized, the last time a friend got apprehended, the officer told him what his violation was, how much penalty, and where to get the license, before the officer issued him the ticket. that didn't happen except for the "obstruction po" statement from the officer.

hindi po ba protocol yun? pwede bang ireklamo? at ano inisulto ko sa kaniya? siguro gusto lang humingi ng lagay kaya tinatakot ako na sinulat na agad pangalan ko sa ticket! ???
    Hindi naman tatanggap ng lagay ang mga yellow boys na yan, usually ang negotiation with them is for them to write another violation with a lower corresponding penalty. Kaso yung violation mo yata is the lowest na, so just pay the 200 pesos and charge it to experience.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kaya ayaw na ayaw ko magdrive sa Makati eh. Ang daming bawal dito bawal doon, one way dito one way doon.

And yes. Hindi sila tumatanggap ng bribes, kung ticket ... ticket talaga.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You can make a complain on the officer when you go to Makati before paying your fine. Just make a formal complain and a hearing will be set. Be sure to attend the hearing or else you have to pay the fine. This also happen to me when a certain Danny apprehend me in that vicinty.Make you have only one violation , what usually they did is issuing several violation without your knowledge before letting you sign your ticket.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wiper View Post
    You can make a complain on the officer when you go to Makati before paying your fine. Just make a formal complain and a hearing will be set. Be sure to attend the hearing or else you have to pay the fine. This also happen to me when a certain Danny apprehend me in that vicinty.Make you have only one violation , what usually they did is issuing several violation without your knowledge before letting you sign your ticket.
    When I was aprrehended before, the ticket issued to me had a note that if I sign it means that I agree that I made a violation but if I disagree, then I should not sign at all. Read carefully the tickets issued to you, signing means you agree to what is written on the ticket.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    thank you all for your replies.
    i paid the fine na lang of P500..
    as much as i wanted to file a complaint,
    i decided to not stress myself further
    (with the hearing and everything
    mas mahal pa ang gasolina pag punta ko sa makati.......

drive safely everyone.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    thank you all for your replies.
    i paid the fine na lang of P500..
    as much as i wanted to file a complaint,
    i decided to not stress myself further
    (with the hearing and everything
    mas mahal pa ang gasolina pag punta ko sa makati.......

drive safely everyone.
    ma karma naman yan ma'am. basta your conscience that you did not do anything wrong.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    There should be a strong public clamor to really urge the LTO (and other traffic apprehending agencies) to change the orientation of their enforcers. In fact, I think the first change is to remove teh word "enforcers" and replace it with "facilitators." Their foremost mindset should be to FACILITATE THE SMOOTH FLOW OF TRAFFIC, not apprehend motorists to meet a quota.

I feel bad because some motorists aren't really bad guys.. they're new drivers or new to a place and may be a bit lost about a particular place and its rules. Traffic Facilitators should be available to HELP and ASSIST such motorists by clarifying the rules, pointing the correct directions, and being pleasantly helpful.

If there is a need to crack down on erring (especially chronically and habitually erring) drivers, have a special mission/operation specifically against those lowlifes. As for the rest of us daily motorists, we should be ASSISTED, not TERRORIZED, into following traffic rules. I'm sure that will greatly ease the traffic situation (and tempers) a lot.

Just my dos sentimos.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    well said, digitalron.

we share the same sentiments. i sure hope that someone (from the higher ups) gets to read all these and do something about these so-called "stressors".

totally agree with your two cents.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    need your help po. .....

..... and if we can work it out, .....
    Sorry but these words were innuendos for corruption (in this case an offer to bribe). Had he trapped you to actually state "how to work it out" mas malala ang kaso ninyo.

Sometimes the most difficult thing to do is the safest thing to do. Buti obstruction lang ang charges sa inyo. Charge to experience na lang.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Apprehended on Malugay Street