New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm an OFW and would only stay here in Philippines for 1 month within a year. I think most OFWs like me and also people on their vacation leave from work do a lot of traveling. And the dilema, most of the quality time we are supposed to enjoy shall be spent on road traffics particularly EDSA. I am from Malolos City, and the thought of us from the north side of Manila are immediately discouraged to explore south of Manila due to the traffic conditions you'll encounter along EDSA and the same through the famous Bonifacio Ave -Dimasalang-Qiapo-Luneta-Roxas Blvd -Coastal Highway... I heared long ago that there were plans to connect NLEX to SLEX through Meycauayan Bulacan and exit somewhere in SLEX. Is this happening soon? Just imagine the decongestion it gives to EDSA and Manila, saves burning fuel, preserve air quality and most especially make use of our most valuable resouce= TIME...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jandro View Post
    I heared long ago that there were plans to connect NLEX to SLEX through Meycauayan Bulacan and exit somewhere in SLEX. Is this happening soon? Just imagine the decongestion it gives to EDSA and Manila, saves burning fuel, preserve air quality and most especially make use of our most valuable resouce= TIME...
    Oh, yes, definitely, makatutulong nang malaki yan sa atin mga taga North of MM. Sana nga magkaroon ng ganyan, para madali na lang magpunta ng Tagaytay, etc...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    There might be more number of motorist traversing this road than SCTEX if it happens (well, just my thought). I may be wrong, since it might happen that 90 percent will continue thier trip through SCTEX.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    There might be more number of motorist traversing this road than SCTEX if it happens (well, just my thought). I may be wrong, since it might happen that 90 percent will continue thier trip through SCTEX.
    Those coming from Tarlac and Northwards will take both (at least up to Clark, then on to NLEX) if they're going to Cavite and Southwards.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Skyway was supposed to connect SLEX and NLEX. I don't know why hindi tinutuloy yung Skyway.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I herd berote that they are planning a C7 road that will pass Rizal Province and will connect to NLEX and SLEX. No new developments heard so far.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I'm an OFW and would only stay here in Philippines for 1 month within a year. I think most OFWs like me and also people on their vacation leave from work do a lot of traveling. And the dilema, most of the quality time we are supposed to enjoy shall be spent on road traffics particularly EDSA. I am from Malolos City, and the thought of us from the north side of Manila are immediately discouraged to explore south of Manila due to the traffic conditions you'll encounter along EDSA and the same through the famous Bonifacio Ave -Dimasalang-Qiapo-Luneta-Roxas Blvd -Coastal Highway... I heared long ago that there were plans to connect NLEX to SLEX through Meycauayan Bulacan and exit somewhere in SLEX. Is this happening soon? Just imagine the decongestion it gives to EDSA and Manila, saves burning fuel, preserve air quality and most especially make use of our most valuable resouce= TIME...

One Alternate is from A Bonifacio take the road to UST via Laong laan (I am not sure any more of the street name) -> Left at Gov Forbes (este Lacson) -> straight to nagtahan flyover, ->the road will curve to the right becoming Quirino Ave -> left to SLEX.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one thing i've thought about this...

from NLEX

a) Visayas or Mindanao Avenue
    b) Pasok ng UP Campus/Teacher's Village via maginhawa street
    c) C5
    d) SLEX

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Eto naman suggestion ko...

- From NLEX, diretso sa A. Bonifacio then left to Araneta Ave. (Oops. Bawal Left Turn jan kaya mag- U Turn ka na lang.)
    - From Araneta, diretso lang and right turn to Aurora Blvd (Marker is SM Centerpoint)
    - Left Turn to V. Mapa
    - Right turn sa end ng V. Mapa and diretso lang.
    - U Turn sa loob ng Motel. Afterwards, turn right sa Zamora Bridge.

This will bring you sa Quirino Avenue but this is leading towards sa Espana. U turn ka na lang sa Opening Slot and that will now lead you to SLEX.

NOTE: Zamora Bridge is closed from 10PM to 6AM. They close this bridge every night to protect the Pandacan Oil Depot from terrosist attack daw.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Alternate route from NLEX to SLEX