New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Keep in mind that a full PMVIC motor vehicle inspection still is not required and that only the visual inspection and emissions test is necessary for LTO renewal.
    visual inspection and emissions test lang ang gagawin nila

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The answer is in the name, (PMVIS)... "Private Motor Vehicle... ". If you drive a private vehicle, why not just comply? They said that it won't cost more than your standard emissions test, anyway. I'm more worried about the long queues at PMVIS centers.

We can all dream that all dilapidated PUVs will disappear overnight, but its never gonna happen. Arguably, doing so will have major implications on the economy and to a great extent, the quality of life for those who rely on them. Concessions can be made until the country is ready to get rid of them (ie. other means of safer public transport becomes viable).

IMO, this motion is a good step in the right direction. In the meantime, we should continue to build more light rail systems, electrify most PUVs, etc., and we will eventually get closer to our utopia. But again, it's a very slow process and it can't happen overnight.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The answer is in the name, (PMVIS)... "Private Motor Vehicle... ". If you drive a private vehicle, why not just comply? They said that it won't cost more than your standard emissions test, anyway. I'm more worried about the long queues at PMVIS centers.
    this is also my fear.
    a few months ago, ang haba haba ng pila sa emissions test facility na suki ko.
    they got my orcr xerox, and asked me to come back in two days, dahil hanggang doon na daw ang pila.
    so if we consider that there are a lot less pmvis outlets there... baka pabalikin ako after two months!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If they can't implement it sa lahat ng sasakyan huwag muna nila gawin. Anong for safety ang pinagsasabi nila eh hinde nama sila sinasama public vehicles. Kalokohan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yes, since this is annual check up… isabay na lang yung implementation for all types of vehicles once ready… hindi yung private vehicles lang muna… kalokohan…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Senate condemns PMVIC revival, labels new inspection guidelines a ‘mutated variant’ | TopGear PH

Recto also stressed that blaming poorly-maintained vehicles for every road accident only absolves reckless drivers and the government’s failure to provide a safe driving environment of responsibility.

“Kahit F1 team pa ang maintenance ng Vios mo, pero may underpass na walang ilaw, barriers na hipan lang talsik na at nakakalitong road signs, madidisgrasya ka talaga.”

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    nice.. walang silbi yan kung papayagan pa din registration ng bulok na bus, trak at dyip...

alisin muna nila yan sa kalsada

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    It's so obviously a money-making scheme.

If the idea was to improve road safety then they should make it mandatory for the least roadworthy vehicles on the road: jeeps and buses. Instead those get an exemption pa.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well,
    they're the lawmakers.
    they can easily legislate against it.

my rant against PMVIC,
    "it should be for all or for none at all."

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013