New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 413
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10,788
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    So when is this tentatively going live?
    Once all PMVICs are up & running. Some are already active. They're currently doing live monitoring test runs w/ their euro equipment sources...Beissbarth, Actia, Unimetal, Ravaglioli, etc....
    PETCs will quietly be put to sleep.[AI] Here's what they'll check during MVIS inspection[AI] Here's what they'll check during MVIS inspection[AI] Here's what they'll check during MVIS inspection


    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,963
    #32
    Meanwhile ... PUVs are exempted from the tests ...

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,587
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Meanwhile ... PUVs are exempted from the tests ...
    For now. Hopefullly not for long.

    https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...s-testing.html

    May balita na dun sa Subie na nasabugan ng center diff dahil ni-test as FWD?

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,981
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Once all PMVICs are up & running. Some are already active. They're currently doing live monitoring test runs w/ their euro equipment sources...Beissbarth, Actia, Unimetal, Ravaglioli, etc....
    PETCs will quietly be put to sleep.[AI] Here's what they'll check during MVIS inspection[AI] Here's what they'll check during MVIS inspection[AI] Here's what they'll check during MVIS inspection
    Thank you, but is there an estimated or tentative date? Does LTO have an ultimatum?

    Next year? Next month? Next week?

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,587
    #35
    The owners of the PETC I frequent are adopting a wait-and-see attitude when I asked one of their heads about this last year. They already have the license to operate an MVIS. They also have the space for it. They find it hard to justify investing a few million in machines for some pet project that might be ToRpedOed because of the expected public outcry. Don't get him wrong he's all for ridding our roads of deathtraps. It's just that our government does not give them the confidence they need to commit and invest.

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10,788
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Thank you, but is there an estimated or tentative date? Does LTO have an ultimatum?

    Next year? Next month? Next week?
    Depends on the level of resistance....& clout of those who'll be put to sleep?[AI] Here's what they'll check during MVIS inspection🤫

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10,788
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    The owners of the PETC I frequent are adopting a wait-and-see attitude when I asked one of their heads about this last year. They already have the license to operate an MVIS. They also have the space for it. They find it hard to justify investing a few million in machines for some pet project that might be ToRpedOed because of the expected public outcry. Don't get him wrong he's all for ridding our roads of deathtraps. It's just that our government does not give them the confidence they need to commit and invest.
    And the electric age is at our doorstep. The new PMVIC equipments are all for the endangered combustion engine. Soon, they'll need to pour more in for electrics.
    How electric vehicles are rewriting the rules of diagnostics | Automotive IQ

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,973
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Meanwhile ... PUVs are exempted from the tests ...
    baliktad naman yata no? baka humaba ang pila, eh technically mas kakaunti ng PUV vs private. or takot sila maubos puv sa daan? LOL

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    240
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    baliktad naman yata no? baka humaba ang pila, eh technically mas kakaunti ng PUV vs private. or takot sila maubos puv sa daan? LOL
    umiiwas backlash mula sa puj modernization program probably since madami siguro babagsak sa inspection.

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,791
    #40
    alisin muna nila yung mga backyard assembled vehicles like jeepney.. yan muna patunayan nila na kaya nila... di nga sila maka palag kay george san mateo eh.. wala pang franchise yan

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

[AI] Here's what they'll check during MVIS inspection