New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Malaki naman ata tolerance nung test sa speedo error. Yung dun sa LC200 parang +10% ata? That's much bigger than going up one size sa aspect ratio ng tire which usually changes the reading by 3% (i.e. 265/65R18 is 3% more circumference/diameter than 265/60R18).

From what I know about the MoT and Shaken test ang importante lang wag mag under-read, kasi baka mangyari naka indicate sa speedo 100kmh pero overspeeding ka na. Most car speedos overread by default (usually around 10%) kaya one size bigger tire should be safe pa.

Sana mayroong fine print kung ano ang acceptable na result sa kada test nila, similar sa laboratory results ng mga hospital hehe (eg. kung ano yung acceptable range for glucose level, etc.).

Kikita kaya kung may mag negosyo ng "Stock parts for rent"?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, pero diba as long as yung LTO Office kung san ka magrenew is hindi pa "MVIC required", pwede pa yung dating method?

Ang nangyari lang sa Norte, Region ng Pampanga, isang MVIC pa lang ang active, lahat ng LTO sa Region required na MVIC ginawa.

This is per my understanding.

Regarding dun sa checklist na sasagutan ng may-ari or driver, well. nakalagay naman please check and confirm lang. Hindi niya sinabi please check one only. hehe! So kung AWD pwede mo check front drive and rear drive.

EDIT: Yung item # 6 sa checklist na "Slip", pertaining ba ito sa LSD (Limited Slip Differential)? or something else?
    looks like its the limited slip differential.. but what do you expect from these buffoons? slip lang nilagay eh ano yan nip slip? half slip?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    LTO should've granted Manufacturers/Distributors franchises/authority to inspect the brands/models they carry. Too much proprietary ground for generic inspections to cover.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    LTO should've granted Manufacturers/Distributors franchises/authority to inspect the brands/models they carry. Too much proprietary ground for generic inspections to cover.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    actually i was thinking about this idea.. why they did just LTO authorized the manufacturer to perform the inspection? say if you have a toyota, bring it to the nearest toyota authorized inspection service then from there, they can perform corrections too..

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    actually i was thinking about this idea.. why they did just LTO authorized the manufacturer to perform the inspection? say if you have a toyota, bring it to the nearest toyota authorized inspection service then from there, they can perform corrections too..
    Palusot ng DOTR/LTO conflict of interest "daw".

https://www.car guide.ph/2021/01/the-ltos-motor-vehicle-inspection.html

"The next plot twist was that any dealership or existing service center applying to be a PMVIC were turned down. These were, according to the LTO, “self-serving.” Instead, they identified operators who had little or no automotive experience. Take note: those with up to a consanguinity of up to the third degree to LTO’s PMVIC committee were also disqualified."

Which is honestly silly and obvious na gusto kasi nila may kumita na iba.

Kung ang dealer casa mismo magbigay certification at nagkaproblema yung chineck nila, e di habulin nila yung casa agad diba? Anung self serving dun na palusot ng LTO/DOTR.

Okay na sana yung dealer-casa na gumawa sa branded ng certifications, ang mamroblema lang yung mga custom or grey market, so need nila sa third party talaga.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kung may expert di ba yung auto manufacturer yun? kasi ang government is regulator. so kung meron sila policy na gusto implement, they can relay that to the manufacturer to rectify. for example, in other countries mandatory to have a DRL, so the manufacturer will comply that every vehicle sold should have DRL and during testing / inspection, they know how to replace the offending parts of the vehicle! bakit ka pupunta dun sa testing / inspection center na ang technician baka hindi pa marunong mag drive..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008

"The next plot twist was that any dealership or existing service center applying to be a PMVIC were turned down. These were, according to the LTO, “self-serving.” Instead, they identified operators who had little or no automotive experience. Take note: those with up to a consanguinity of up to the third degree to LTO’s PMVIC committee were also disqualified."

Kung ang dealer casa mismo magbigay certification at nagkaproblema yung chineck nila, e di habulin nila yung casa agad diba? Anung self serving dun na palusot ng LTO/DOTR.

Okay na sana yung dealer-casa na gumawa sa branded ng certifications, ang mamroblema lang yung mga custom or grey market, so need nila sa third party talaga.
    will sell my car then buy an owner-type-jeep.. it passed the test (with flying colors?)

it will be hard to implement if vehicles manufactured without any form of standards will pass this high tech inspection..

first, they get rid of backyard manufactured vehicles

confiscate all illegal modifications installed on the vehicle.

start with the basics.. complete lights (head lamp, signal, reverse, park lights) then physical appearance, body and bumper should be complete without deep dents or collision.

they should implement the mandatory inspection for cars more than 10 years old.. we all know cars now are more durable and can last the minimum 5-year warranty offered by manufacturer!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002

dapat nga bigyan din ang mga CASA ng certification but what i fear is that the CASA might use this as an excuse to force us to pay for their inflated priced PMS and service.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    655db? Ano iyan, daig pa yung mga exotics at muscle cars sa tunog ng exhaust. Looks like another money making b.s. at the expense of the motoring public.
    Daig pa ang nuke kamo (240 to 280 dB+).

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    dapat nga bigyan din ang mga CASA ng certification but what i fear is that the CASA might use this as an excuse to force us to pay for their inflated priced PMS and service.
    My take on that is the government should have allowed us, car owners, to have that choice. Casa or third party MVIS to get a certification.

Naisip ko is if pinayagan ng government na casa magrelease ng certification para sa registration, baka konti or walang magbukas na third party MVIS given na yung mga private owners, malamang schedule nila via Casa yung check kasi nga mas sigurado sila na alam yung kotse nila at alam yung features ng kotse (ABS, LSD, AWD/4WD etc). I guess a way to mitigate this is may price premium si Casa vs third party MVIS Center para madistribute between the 2 entities yung testing din.

Pero agree din ako sa previous comment na dapat nga hindi agad required certification for a 3 year old vehicle with less than 60k kms mileage (assuming average is 20k kms per year as "standard")

So dapat at least 6 years old na kotse mo bago nila require kasi nga marami na may 5 year warranty na kotse dito sa atin.

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast