The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    If it's inevitable, this place seems like ok mag test ng AWD cars:

M2 MVIC - M2 MVIC | Facebook

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Natapos din yung registration ko... The LTO account I was asked to to register dun nila na forward yung Official Receipt to your email address.

Also na register na yung car ko sa account...

Dear Valued Customer,

LTO Client Number : XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Name : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Your vehicle has been successfully encoded in our system.

Registration No : XXXXXXXXXX
    Make : TOYOTA

Now you can apply for an application in the LTO Public Portal.

Thank you
    LTO Team

--
    This email was generated automatically by the system.
    Please do not reply.
    Last edited by Monseratto; February 3rd, 2021 at 04:55 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Nais umapila ni Rep. Sarmiento sa LTO at DOTr sa hindi makatuwirang pagpapatupad ng PMVIC system - YouTube

not sure if na share na, di maka backread za mobile

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    If it's inevitable, this place seems like ok mag test ng AWD cars:

M2 MVIC - M2 MVIC | Facebook
    Uy Taguig. Eto yung pinakamalapit samin.

Have to save up for new rims and tires. Sabay upgrade na from stock 16 to 17 before test. Sana di magfail sa speedo

At may all-in MVIC+ TPL + LTO or MVIC + LTO packages pa!!
    Last edited by JohnM; February 3rd, 2021 at 08:05 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PTP Mods in full:

James Deakin
    · 8 hrs ·

I’m not against the idea of having regular vehicle inspections for registration, but I do share the public’s concern of how this whole MVIS is being rolled out. Because like the child seat safety law, the anti distracted driving law, and almost every new land transportation law introduced, the intent is good but it’s the implementation and education that needs a LOT of work. So ironically, despite the fact that this is long overdue, it once again feels rushed.

I say this because the enforcement agencies need to understand the spirit of the law and its main objective first, which is road safety. Not revenue raising. They MUST know the difference between the two and focus only on what makes vehicles unroadworthy and nothing else. As it is, they are zeroing in on details that don’t matter and only dilute the effectivity or spirit of the law.

We can start slowly by cracking down on the obvious—worn or damaged tires, faulty brakes, non functioning lights and wipers, broken steering or suspension, functional horn and seatbelts and then introduce other stricter requirements over the years as people get used to it.

As it is, I’m getting reports of AWD cars being damaged because they checked the speedometer by putting the car on a front wheel drive dyno, or new cars failing because they changed tires that wasn’t the manufacturers spec, even if anyone that has ever worked with cars will see that as an upgrade.

The point I’m trying to make is that we need people to understand what we are trying to achieve, otherwise they will just take things literally (kinda like anti distracted driving law that forbid the use of navigation apps, or the 12 yr old limit with the child seat law, as well as the unforgettable motorcycle barriers fiasco)

Secondly, the privatization of it means it requires a lot more transparency. Like it or not, the government needs to assure people that this is not another potential racket, like the emission testing, drug testing, face shields in malls etc. nothing personal, but we’ve been burned too many times. Even if they may have had noble intentions, in reality, they only created new problems like extortion and environmental damage, all without solving the original problem they were mandated to.

So again, at the risk of repeating myself, I support the idea of having a vehicle inspection for registration. This is a global standard for developed nations and will save a lot of lives. But please, please understand what we are trying to do and stop taking things so literally, or seeing things from any other perspective than the original problem we are trying to solve, which is to save lives and make our roads safer for all.

PS: this page is still under a shadow ban, which means heavily restricted reach and I’ve been receiving messages from people asking why I’m so quiet about this issue. Some have even asked if I was paid off. The answer is that the ban makes sure less and less people see my posts so if this is important to you, please help out by sharing it.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ah yes...
    the spirit behind the law versus blind adherence...
    it kinda makes the big difference.

where did i hear this?
    "...tanggalin ho ninyo yung duck tail. wala po sa original specs yan..."
    heh heh.

back in the 60s,
    "i flagged you down because you are driving a hot rod and i just had to see if it superficially conforms to road laws... although i can see now that it seems to be in much better shape than most of the sedans that pass by..."
    Last edited by dr. d; February 4th, 2021 at 12:06 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    On my end, the aim is good but how it’s being implemented is just really bad. Before we jump into adapting new guidelines, we should look into the current situation if existing guidelines are implemented properly. Seat belts are not yet standard across all vehicles on the road. Emmissions testing is not adapted on PUVs. No breathalyzer for DUI enforcement. Need I say more?

LTO can’t even chase after fake drivers licenses or chase for non-registered vehicles on the road. There was a report before that 70% of motorcycles on the road are unregistered or with expired registration, compounded by riders with no drivers license. Buses have no legal franchise with drivers with no license yet they take on passengers. How about tricycles?

Do they have idiots running these government bureaus? Or they can’t seem to understand what’s happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    On my end, the aim is good but how it’s being implemented is just really bad. Before we jump into adapting new guidelines, we should look into the current situation if existing guidelines are implemented properly. Seat belts are not yet standard across all vehicles on the road. Emmissions testing is not adapted on PUVs. No breathalyzer for DUI enforcement. Need I say more?

LTO can’t even chase after fake drivers licenses or chase for non-registered vehicles on the road. There was a report before that 70% of motorcycles on the road are unregistered or with expired registration, compounded by riders with no drivers license. Buses have no legal franchise with drivers with no license yet they take on passengers. How about tricycles?

Do they have idiots running these government bureaus? Or they can’t seem to understand what’s happening?

sabi nga ng iba,
    "we don't need new laws. what we need is an honest-to-goodness implementation of currently existing laws."

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    These are the lower MVIS fees for cars, motorcycles, and jeepneys

During a virtual presser held today by the Department of Transportation (DOTr), the Land Transportation Office (LTO) released the new prices for the Motor Vehicle Inspection System (MVIS) for all light vehicles (i.e. passenger cars, SUVs, vans, pick-ups, etc.), motorcycles, and yes even public utility jeepneys (PUJs).

For passenger cars, the fee to be paid at the Private Motor Vehicle Inspection Center (PMVIC) has been lowered from PHP 1,800 (VAT inclusive) to PHP 1,680 (VAT inclusive). So before VAT, the fee is PHP 1,500 for light vehicles.

For motorcycles, the new fee to be paid at the PMVIC is PHP 600. After VAT, the total is now PHP 672.
    Saw the photo ng article. Speedometer test ba yung ginagawa sa jeepney? I'd like to see how that goes. In all my years riding PUJs, I have never seen a functioning speedometer.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Saw the photo ng article. Speedometer test ba yung ginagawa sa jeepney? I'd like to see how that goes. In all my years riding PUJs, I have never seen a functioning speedometer.
    What about delivery trucks? Some of them are just dilapidated and not road worthy anymore.

Yung ibang owner-type-jeep non functioning din yung mga speedometer at signal lights.