New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    http://www.lto.gov.ph/vanityreq.html

visit this site so you have an idea of those special plates

theres:
    1.) LIMITED 50t pesos yan at konti lang available its possible excepted sa colorcoding if all are letters not realy sure kasi 1 plate lang. (31 na lang ata available mag bidding pa it can fetch to 300t -million over.

2.) PREMIUM 15T pesos eto yung nakikita nyo na bago binaligtad na

3.) SELECT 10T pesos eto gusto ko ang cute!

This is for new vehicle only

to my understanding they will only give you 1 PLATE to be attached sa likod. So if thats the case yung front you will be given a regular plate number with an ending of your choice... (correct me if im wrong here) so kung may nag offer sa inyo 30-38t sa personalized ang laki ng kita ng SA nyo... but if they gave u old style personalizing maybe its just right kasi vanity plate is different from the previous personal plates..

the procedure is easy to follow i think...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    baka magiging 4 characters na yun numbers, guess lang. and baka humaba na ang plates natin...euro na

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If its not possible to add maybe they can use some letters upside down. Like what i see in some plates.
    I am sure the LTO will have a solution to this. Other countries have more vehicles than us and how they have solved it can easily be researched.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    If its not possible to add maybe they can use some letters upside down. Like what i see in some plates.
    I am sure the LTO will have a solution to this. Other countries have more vehicles than us and how they have solved it can easily be researched.
    In China, the plate number distribution is by province, I think it is also the same in the US (by state).

Maybe the LTO can also apply it here by putting 2 letter prefixes for the province code and then the plate number:

MM - Metro Manila (MM-AA-123)
    PM - Pampanga (PM-AA-123)
    TR - Tarlac (TR-AA-123)

With this kind of plate numbering, each province can have up to 675,324 registered vehicles. And cars should be registered in the LTO office of the province of the owner of the vehicle so as not to eat on the share of plate numbers of major cities/province. Example is Metro Manila. The plate number series for Metro Manila is the fastest to change not because its residents are buying cars every week or month, but car buyers from other provinces are registering their cars in Metro Manila LTO offices because they say that cars with Metro Manila plates are less prone to being flagged down than cars with provincial plates.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nice one sir Boybi!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I have just been informed by the dealer na pahirapan na ang 'special' plate requests bukod sa ending -- yun bang may umuulit o sunod sunod. Looks like s sign na wala pang final decision sa pagsimula ng bagong series?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    actually LTO will be using the 3 Numeric then followed by the 3 Character. inverterted lang from the original 3 character and 3 numeric.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Parang plaka ng mga MC?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kasdrihc View Post
    actually LTO will be using the 3 Numeric then followed by the 3 Character. inverterted lang from the original 3 character and 3 numeric.

Hmmm... if they do this, mahihirapan yata yung MMDA to enforce the color coding kasi mas mahirap makita yung ending number at first glance. Good for us. :D

Does anyone have any definite info on this?

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    Hmmm... if they do this, mahihirapan yata yung MMDA to enforce the color coding kasi mas mahirap makita yung ending number at first glance. Good for us. :D

Does anyone have any definite info on this?
    oo nga, can anyone from LTO give a definite answer???

But i believe that before they do any major change to the current plate system, they can use the letter series where the region is producing the least. Like B for region 2 for example. In other words, i sagad muna before adopting a new system.

just thinking aloud...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
After the "Z" series of license plates, what's next?