New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi guys,

I'm just wondering... so far, the newest license plates I've seen on cars are in the "ZM_-###" series... I'm assuming that it won't be long before the "Z" series of license plates will all be used up.

After that, what will be the letter/number combination for the succeeding series of license plates? And, would anyone have a guesstimate on when this new "series" will start? I'm planning on buying a new car and parang okay din na hintayin yung bagong license plate series.

[SIZE=1]* Mods - I apologize for the typo in the thread title ("X" series instead of the correct "Z" series). Hope you can reflect the revised thread title in the thread list. Thanks! Sorry ulit. *[/SIZE]
    Last edited by mqavila; February 7th, 2008 at 09:45 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I think they will use the other letter/s not used by the regions they were initially reserved.

Pero kung talagang ubos na. Di ko alam. Another letter or 2?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The new license plates will be 3 numbers - 3 letters (baliktad ).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Is that true?

LTO should exercise more imagination here(I think they will)... A six or seven or even eight-character plate number which is a combination of letters and numbers (i.e. in any order) will provide huge permutations/combinations.....

5303:burp:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by paul1 View Post
    The new license plates will be 3 numbers - 3 letters (baliktad ).

Talaga?? Hmmm... kasi if I'm buying a new car, parang magandang hintayin ito para kasama sa "new batch" yung car ko. I wonder how long before the "Z" series runs out...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks. May padating akong new van by then ...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

^^^ Is that true?

LTO should exercise more imagination here(I think they will)... A six or seven or even eight-character plate number which is a combination of letters and numbers (i.e. in any order) will provide huge permutations/combinations.....

5303:burp:

Mahirap i-memorize in case ginamit sa kalokohan yung car.....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Alala ko tuloy stat 101 ko.
    X times 26 x 26 x 10 x 10 x 10= 676000
    y times 26 x 26 x 10 x 10 x10 = 676000
    z times 26 x 26 x 10 x 10 x 10 =676000

I hope tama computation ko.
    How many cars are expected to be sold? Are there roads available for them?
    I think sufficient pa naman ang unused plate numbers. Wala pa sa computation yung combinations available sa special plates.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    Talaga?? Hmmm... kasi if I'm buying a new car, parang magandang hintayin ito para kasama sa "new batch" yung car ko. I wonder how long before the "Z" series runs out...
    The X series ran from 2001 to 2005, the Z series is already in the latter part (ZM*-*** were the latest i've noticed); with sales being more brisk in the recent year, maybe we can expect the new series not later then 2 years from now.

If we look at the combinations that will probably still be used (based on what LTO did with the previous plate series):
    ZM*
    ZN*
    ZP*
    ZR*
    ZS*
    ZT* - i wonder if GMA will allow the ZTE plate letters to be released.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    my nakita na ku 3 ung letters pero 2 lang ung no. baka un na sunod 5 character per plate nlng

maganda sana kung japanese style plates nalang

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
After the "Z" series of license plates, what's next?