Oct 2002
    the name,price, and the "quality"

ika nga sa taas, drive and forget :D

i definitely agree with niky.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you just want an appliance car (which is what most Pinoys look for) then the Altis will do that.

Though for a car enthusiast, there are better alternatives out there than just the standard Toyota issue compact sedan.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    toyota reliability. Madaling hanapan ng parts.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    hehe Whats in a Name? Everything! So when you hear or say Toyota it means reliability(except for the D4D innova right now hehehe). But it was a long journey for them to make it at current stage they are right now. Number 3 na ba Toyota? Behind ford and GM?

I had an Avis Altis J(A/T) rented car for a week. it had 79k on the odo but it was an effortless drive. I can vouch on the fuel ecomony as well. Also, I was surprised with the interior space because the cabin had lots of room(way better than the mazda 3 I tested last year. Although a mazda3 just looks better in every angle). A week after, it was replaced with an optra ls a/t. It had 40k but the shifter was crappy as well as acceleration. hehehe Sorry guys but i really did'nt like the car.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    toyota reliability. Madaling hanapan ng parts.
    Hindi lang madali madaming parts pa..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Altis may look plain to some. But, it looks contemporary to me, esp after Karding pointed out the mesh grill. I like it and I like cars whose looks age well.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Toyota has mastered the art of creating a comfortable economy car. they don't always have the most stylish designs or best performance, but man are they smooth to drive

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Altis is assembled locally in the Philippines, right?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Because most people still prioritize brand, quality, fuel efficiency, reliability & resale value over looks.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    my own reasons:

Before I got the car:
    1. Interior feels very roomy and comfortable.
    2. I like the materials used inside, looks durable and decent. (fake wood's not a problem as some would put it)
    3. I like the gate-type shift.
    4. I also like the exterior design, not very flashy but stylish enough.
    5. warranty is 100K, 3years, whichever.
    6. never had a toyota before = )

After buying the car:
    1. Fuel economy is superb!
    2. Driveability is very good, its no racer, but its got more than enough torque to make overtaking easier.
    3. It's just simply a pleasure to drive, a relaxing drive that is.

Bad or poor side of it:
    1. It's too tall.
    2. heard that Toyota has sludge problem in the US (maybe this is maintenance issue anyway)
    3. heard that front shocks dont last very long. but is covered in the warranty = )

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Why is the Altis still selling so well?